• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gamba
    Late member
    • Dec 2010

Today I Saw & Heard the Nearest to Perfection

I don't expect to be around for a great deal longer. Although, am doing my best to hang on.

However, how pleasing therefore to be provided with such an incredible farewell gift.

My favourite instrument played by someone with such beauty of features, statuesque manner & ability.

Also, no camera movement, a superb acoustic, all so closely emulating the atmosphere of the moment in the music

With grateful thanks to all those who were concerned.

It can be found @

"Luciana Elizondo; " Love's Farewell " by Tobias Hume.
  • Zucchini
    • Nov 2010

Very beautiful indeed. Thank you

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Tobias Hume, Loves Farewell (Musicall Humors n. 47)Luciana Elizondo, viola da gambaRegistrato a Cremona nella Chiesa di Santa Maria Maddalena© 2013 co'l part...
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• gamba
        Late member
        • Dec 2010

Thank you Ferney & Zucchin.

Sorry I'm no good with the ' shorthand '

Comment

• mercia
          • Nov 2010

thank you gamba and all good wishes

Comment

• Padraig
            • Feb 2013

You are an excellent salesman, gamba. Your words would grace the notes for a recording of that piece. I hope Luciana Elizondro makes one, and that you add it to your collection. Thank you for posting that brilliant performance.
            No doubt I shall get it myself if it does appear, to add to your recommendation of Boccherini's String Quartets, op.32, which I have been enjoying. Thank you for that, too.
            Best wishes,

Comment

• doversoul1
              Ex Member
              • Dec 2010

Dear gamba
              If salymap could hear this, I am sure she would say ‘I don’t know much about early music but I think this is very beautiful. Best wishes’

Many thanks and very best wishes from me (ds)

Comment

• gamba
                Late member
                • Dec 2010

doversoul, regarding salymap I would very much wish that would be so, that she does hear & is touched by the music.

Also, thank you for kind thoughts.

Tobias Hume was such a melancholy & romantic old b....r ! Not really made to be a warring man.

My health problems have caused me to give up the 'cello. No energy, lack of oxygen. eyesight failing, wobbling everywhere etc. Not much solo music available. I'm not really sorry. Apart from the Bach Suites there is very little solo music. However, I see another future before me. Have borrowed a bass viol from a friend & a copy of ' The Elizabethan Song Book ' to see how I get on with it. ( 6 or 7 strings instead of 4, oh dear & at my age !! ).
                If I get suffecient money for my 'cello I hope to get a beautiful viola da gamba. All that beautiful morbid Elizabethan music, I shall take the top line & build a series of variations on it. From now on everything from memory.

Bye for now, thanks again for your kind thoughts,

With all good wishes

gamba

Comment

• gamba
                  Late member
                  • Dec 2010

Thanks Padraig - good to hear from you.

Must look for more 'oddities ' ( after such praise )

With all good wishes, gamba

Comment

• decantor
                    • Dec 2010

Hypnotically beautiful - musica dolorum dulce lenimen. Thank you.

Comment

• gamba
                      Late member
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by decantor View Post
                      Hypnotically beautiful - musica dolorum dulce lenimen. Thank you.

Horace to his Lyre ? ( gamba ). Just guessing - I never really went to school - remember ?

Comment

• gamba
                        Late member
                        • Dec 2010

[QUOTE=Padraig;398636]You are an excellent salesman, gamba. Your words would grace the notes for a recording of that piece. I hope Luciana Elizondro makes one, and that you add it to your collection. Thank you for posting that brilliant performance.
                        No doubt I shall get it myself if it does appear, to add to your recommendation of Boccherini's String Quartets, op.32, which I have been enjoying. Thank you for that, too.
                        & wishes,[/.

Padraig, I still have one real winner. I'm sure you' ll enjoy this unless it's already in your possession;

Haydn cello concerto No. 1 with Han na Chang as soloist. All 3 movements are great but it's the third that is most memorable. Just watch & tell me you're not impressed. On utube & girl of her age eyeing up the old men violinists too !!

Great playing !

Am trying to type this on a horrible, nasty, I'll - tempered iPad. Sorry !
                        Last edited by gamba; 09-05-14, 23:10.

Comment

• doversoul1
                          Ex Member
                          • Dec 2010

A message to gamba from salymap

Dear gamba
                          I had a phone call from salymap this evening thanking you for your post.

‘Can you please thank gamba for the lovely post*. My hearing is not too good at the moment and listening to music is difficult, early or late. But I am thinking of him and everyone. Please send a lot of love from me’.

*It was printed out and posted to salymap.

Comment

• gamba
                            Late member
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
                            Dear gamba
                            I had a phone call from salymap this evening thanking you for your post.

‘Can you please thank gamba for the lovely post*. My hearing is not too good at the moment and listening to music is difficult, early or late. But I am thinking of him and everyone. Please send a lot of love from me

*It was printed out and posted to salymap.
                            Grateful thanks to you both for your kind thoughts,

May we all continue to make use of our little group as a link between close friends & will remain so.

With very fond wishes to you both, gamba

Comment

• Padraig
                              • Feb 2013

Padraig, I still have one real winner. I'm sure you' ll enjoy this unless it's already in your possession;

Haydn cello concerto No. 1 with Han na Chang as soloist. All 3 movements are great but it's the third that is most memorable. Just watch & tell me you're not impressed. On utube & girl of her age eyeing up the old men violinists to

Great playing !

================================================== =======================================

Great playing and a great performance too. I'm afraid I have been completely captivated by the performer which makes any further praise immediately suspect. However, having re-listened to Gautier Capuçon in the same piece, mentioned recently, I have to say that on BaLance (ha ha) I don't know which I prefer. Maybe it's Haydn who is the real star in the end - well, of course it is. He made them both perform so well.

[I cannot 'reply with quote' to your message - probably because of your nasty, ill-tempered iPad]
                              Last edited by Padraig; 11-05-14, 16:14.

Comment

Working...
                              X