• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
    I could probably do with losing a kilo or three, I guess.

I simply and clearly wrote that MrGG did not mention that organisation in his posts whereas you in your replies to him did so; that's all.

When responding to your overt references to it, it would be difficult if not impossible to avoid this; were you to cease and desist from reference to it and someone were to respond to you by citing it, that might be a different matter. "Cropping up"? I can't see any GM around here!...

I don't think that "anyone" would think anything of the kind. Who's David Moyes, anyway? Is this a nom-de-plume for Mike Nattrass?

What is? UKIP / Mr Farage / Mr Moyes / Mr Nattrass?

In what? Bubble wrap? A union flag (just for memory's sake)?
    Ok, I give up - you simply want to keep the UKIP in public mind. I hope Nigel makes it worth your while.

It's a shame that so many interesting threads get derailed by the people who are more interested in politics than music.

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
      Ok, I give up
      Can I have that in writing? Oh, sorry - I just have! Thanks.

you simply want to keep the UKIP in public mind.
      Not so, I fear; I do not want to "keep" it/them at all, anywhere - "simply" or otherwise.

I hope Nigel makes it worth your while.
      If by "Nigel" you mean Mr Farage, I do not know him nor have I had any contact with him, so he will assuredly not be making anything "worth my while".

It's a shame that so many interesting threads get derailed by the people who are more interested in politics than music.
      Well, this particular one is about St George's Day, so not obviously about either politics or music, I'd have thought. As to derailment, though, surely better that it occurs de temps en temps to the occasional thread on this forum than to one or more of those trains running through the Channel Tunnel along the lines that evidently mark that sceptred aisle...
      Last edited by ahinton; 24-04-14, 12:26.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Can I have tht in writing? Oh, sorry - I just have! Thanks.

Not so, I fear; I do not want to "keep" it/them at all, anywhere - "simply" or otherwise.

If by "Nigel" you mean Mr Farage, I do not know him nor have I had any contact with him, so he will assuredly not be making anything "worth my while".

Well, this particular one is about St George's Day, so not obviously about either politics or music, I'd have thought. As to derailment, though, surely better that it occurs de temps en temps to the occasional thread on this forum than to one or more of those trains running through the Channel Tunnel along the lines that evidently mark that sceptred aisle...
        Who do you think wants to read all this nonsense?

Comment

• ahinton
          • Nov 2010

Who do you think wants to read all this nonsense?
          I wrote

"Not so, I fear; I do not want to "keep" it/them at all, anywhere - "simply" or otherwise". This is a straightforward and truthful piece of information whose importance I do not claim to be on any greater level than that to which it is a response.

I then wrote
          "If by "Nigel" you mean Mr Farage, I do not know him nor have I had any contact with him, so he will assuredly not be making anything "worth my while"." The same applies as above.

Finally, I wrote
          "Well, this particular one is about St George's Day, so not obviously about either politics or music, I'd have thought. As to derailment, though, surely better that it occurs de temps en temps to the occasional thread on this forum than to one or more of those trains running through the Channel Tunnel along the lines that evidently mark that sceptred aisle...". This is a fact followed by a reasonable opinion.

What might qualify it as "nonsense" I have no idea but, as this is merely a matter of personal opinion, I accept that, if it's nonsense to you, so be it. That said, I don't think that any of us can ever be absolutely certain as to which members here do, or might, or might want to, read any given post in any particular thead, so I'm afraid that, as you've asked The Unaswerable Question, I won't attempt to answer it!

Now - St. George's Day, anyone?...

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

I wrote

"Not so, I fear; I do not want to "keep" it/them at all, anywhere - "simply" or otherwise". This is a straightforward and truthful piece of information whose importance I do not claim to be on any greater level than that to which it is a response.

I then wrote
            "If by "Nigel" you mean Mr Farage, I do not know him nor have I had any contact with him, so he will assuredly not be making anything "worth my while"." The same applies as above.

Finally, I wrote
            "Well, this particular one is about St George's Day, so not obviously about either politics or music, I'd have thought. As to derailment, though, surely better that it occurs de temps en temps to the occasional thread on this forum than to one or more of those trains running through the Channel Tunnel along the lines that evidently mark that sceptred aisle...". This is a fact followed by a reasonable opinion.

What might qualify it as "nonsense" I have no idea but, as this is merely a matter of personal opinion, I accept that, if it's nonsense to you, so be it. That said, I don't think that any of us can ever be absolutely certain as to which members here do, or might, or might want to, read any given post in any particular thead, so I'm afraid that, as you've asked The Unaswerable Question, I won't attempt to answer it!

Now - St. George's Day, anyone?...
            And you think people want to read all that?

Comment

• ahinton
              • Nov 2010

And you think people want to read all that?
              I repeat (and apologise for having to do so)
              "I don't think that any of us can ever be absolutely certain as to which members here do, or might, or might want to, read any given post in any particular thead, so I'm afraid that, as you've asked The Unaswerable Question, I won't attempt to answer it!"

It might also be worth your bearing in mind that members' wishes or otherwise to read posts will inevitably be dependent at least in part upon their wishes or otherwise to read those posts to which they contain replies (in instances where one post comprises responses to another, as in the above case).

That's two unanswerable questions now!

I also repeat
              "Now - St. George's Day, anyone?..."

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                Ex-member
                • Sep 2013

I repeat (and apologise for having to do so)
                "I don't think that any of us can ever be absolutely certain as to which members here do, or might, or might want to, read any given post in any particular thead, so I'm afraid that, as you've asked The Unaswerable Question, I won't attempt to answer it!"

It might also be worth your bearing in mind that members' wishes or otherwise to read posts will inevitably be dependent at least in part upon their wishes or otherwise to read those posts to which they contain replies (in instances where one post comprises responses to another, as in the above case).

That's two unanswerable questions now!

I also repeat
                "Now - St. George's Day, anyone?..."
                I think there is something wrong with you, you're not normal.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

With four of our best friends we went out to a social club and had a celebratory Steak and ale Pie. Us guys had two pints of Dark Star Hophead. A very fine local brewery!
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ahinton
                    • Nov 2010

I think there is something wrong with you, you're not normal.
                    You may think that; I couldn't possibly comment - other than to ask (a) who would want to read the above? (b) what is "normal" and by whose standards? and (c) what do you expect? - I am a composer, after all!
                    Last edited by ahinton; 24-04-14, 16:44.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                      Ex-member
                      • Sep 2013

You may think that; I couldn't possibly comment - other than (a) to ask who would want to read that, (b) what is "normal and by whose standards and (c) what do you expect? I am a composer, after all!
                      qed

Comment

• Flosshilde
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                        With four of our best friends we went out to a social club and had a celebratory Steak and ale Pie. Us guys had two pints of Dark Star Hophead. A very fine local brewery!
                        Were they dragon steaks?

Comment

• MrGongGong
                          • Nov 2010

You may think that; I couldn't possibly comment - other than to ask (a) who would want to read the above? (b) what is "normal" and by whose standards? and (c) what do you expect? - I am a composer, after all!
                          "Normal" is a setting on my washing machine
                          and a chap I once met called Henry

Comment

• Vile Consort
                            • Nov 2010

It hasn't happened yet. Perhaps this is why nobody has mentioned it.

St George's day this year is transferred to Monday 28 April - as a glance at the music list of the English cathedrals will confirm (York, Ripon and St George's Chapel, Windsor at least). Saints' days are always transferred if they fall in Holy Week or the Octave of Easter.

There's still time, chaps!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                              Ex-member
                              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                              "Normal" is a setting on my washing machine
                              and a chap I once met called Henry
                              If you know the settings on your washing machine, you need to get therapy.

Comment

• ahinton
                                • Nov 2010

If you know the settings on your washing machine, you need to get therapy.
                                He only mentioned one such setting; if you believe that MrGG needs therapy merely for having knowledge of it, you need to get therapy...

Comment

Working...
                                X