Amending train tickets online - be warned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EnemyoftheStoat
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    It isn't always bad. I arrived back in Portsmouth from France and got to the station a lot earlier than I'd calculated - time to get an earlier train. I went to the ticket office and they said they couldn't change it but 'Go and find the guard for the earlier train'. I did, I explained, he said that was absolutely fine with him. I felt a bit nervous once on the train in case he didn't remember me or had magically transformed into someone else; but, no. All was well. So not all of them are Jobsworths. (Though I was once threatened with the police by the stationmaster at Temple Meads but he backed down )
    I once had a "frank but polite exchange of views" with the train manager, I mean guard (whose manner suggested a previous career as a bank manager) on a train between London and West Country, on the evening of a day when trains had been cancelled left right and centre due to bad weather. I had been informed by ticket office and platform staff that my ticket would be ok on an earlier train than the one for which I had reserved. The guard chose to differ, and even asked whether I had got the names of those who had told me that. He gave up arguing and no police were involved

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
      I think the phrase is "security theatre"
      Not theatre of operations?

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        ( I think you should stop reading newspapers, if you are , and they have that kind of stuff in. With all due respect.)
        I didn't get that from the newspaper

Comment

Working...
        X