X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

The KCC was the best one. Did anyone catch a hippo in the Thames prank?
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
      Nice one Alpie, I like it!! - BUT Wales isn't a Kingdom so isn't on the Union flag Union_Jack[/URL]
      So just because Wales is not a kingdom (tell that to the Tudors) it is ignored on the national flag. A weak excuse.

Comment

• Gordon
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
        So just because Wales is not a kingdom (tell that to the Tudors) it is ignored on the national flag. A weak excuse.
        Quite So!! Good to see that you give the Dragon and Welsh colours such prominence!! St Patrick can go because Ulster isn't a kingdom any more, which means there is NO UK either, just England. So what abbout this:

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Quite So!! Good to see that you give the Dragon and Welsh colours such prominence!! St Patrick can go because Ulster isn't a kingdom any more, which means there is NO UK either, just England. So what abbout this:

I love it.

Comment

• Ariosto

I lived in Glasgow for 2.5 years when I made the mistake of working for the beeb (and that was in the good old days!) - and I clearly remember that many drivers were driving on the right even then - especially on a Friday and Saturday night. Some even used the pavements...

Comment

• Padraig
              • Feb 2013

I'm sure esteemed member Honoured Guest could improve on this with his nose for the niceties of UK politics.

Comment

• vinteuil
                • Nov 2010

... well, for a start - it doesn't include Cornwall. Or Wessex. Or the Soke of Peterborough. Or the Isle of Purbeck. Or the County Palatine of Durham. Or Ely Place. Or the Burgundian Territory of Pimlico. So it's hardly inclusive, is it?

Last edited by vinteuil; 02-04-14, 16:13. Reason: Ely Place not Ebury - doh!

Comment

• ahinton
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                  ... well, for a start - it doesn't include Cornwall. Or Wessex. Or the Soke of Peterborough. Or the Isle of Purbeck. Or the County Palatine of Durham. Or Ebury Place. Or the Burgundian Territory of Pimlico. So it's hardly inclusive, is it?
                  ...or Herefordshire...

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
                    I'm sure esteemed member Honoured Guest could improve on this with his nose for the niceties of UK politics.

Wikipedia assures me that "The Red Hand can be regarded as one of the very few cross-community symbols used in Northern Ireland", but in 15 years of living your side of the Irish Sea, Padraig, I confess I only remember seeing it used in, er, a Unioinist context. Can't help thinking Gordon's design would provoke some discussion. And not least in Little England Beyond Wales where I live.

Comment

Working...
                    X