• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Happy Birthday, gamba

This would have been salymap’s post but as she is not yet online, here’s on behalf of her and from me.

Many happy returns. I know you are deep into Haydn’s string quartets but don’t forget Boccherini, too.
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

And from me, too, gamba - many thanks for all your wonderful reminiscences and manier happy returns for the day.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      And from me, too, gamba - many thanks for all your wonderful reminiscences and manier happy returns for the day.
      From me as well, enjoy the day and all the Haydns which are still waiting for you

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

many happy returns to you Gamba! hope you be having a great day today!!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

I join with our proxy 'salymap' in wishing you a happy birthday and hope you have a pleasant day (it's looking a bit black, according to the Met Office: a day for some congenial music perhaps).
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

Happy Ides Of March Birthday!

Comment

• amateur51

Many happy returns, gamba

Thanks for all your magical stories

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                Many happy returns, gamba

Thanks for all your magical stories
                Seconded - it's good to know in such sad times there are still those around from a generation preceding ones own. All down to inadequate parenting, I dare say!

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Have a very happy Birthday, Gamba.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gamba
                    Late member
                    • Dec 2010

My grateful thanks to you all upon the occasion of my birthday & especially to ' salymap' who has been denied our closer association for so long.

This is now a situation where I'm sure she can see the end in sight & will soon be back with us. I can assure you who are reasonably fit & healthy that being an active member of our group has meant a great deal to me, as I'm sure it has to her. You all have so many ' funny ' names & contribute so much that is worth hearing. This is keeping me going at present & I hope will continue to do so for any other members in in less than full health.

Thank you all again for your kind birthday wishes, they are truly much appreciated. I shall attempt to continue to ' earn my keep ' very soon with a special contribution about to appear shortly upon these illustrious pages.

Love & good wishes to you all,

gamba

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Coincidence! I had just sealed a note to salymap, so I unsealed it and told her of your message (though I expect the Wingèd Messenger will be quick to pass it on anyway!).
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gamba View Post
                        My grateful thanks to you all upon the occasion of my birthday & especially to ' salymap' who has been denied our closer association for so long.

This is now a situation where I'm sure she can see the end in sight & will soon be back with us. I can assure you who are reasonably fit & healthy that being an active member of our group has meant a great deal to me, as I'm sure it has to her. You all have so many ' funny ' names & contribute so much that is worth hearing. This is keeping me going at present & I hope will continue to do so for any other members in in less than full health.

Thank you all again for your kind birthday wishes, they are truly much appreciated. I shall attempt to continue to ' earn my keep ' very soon with a special contribution about to appear shortly upon these illustrious pages.

Love & good wishes to you all,

gamba
                        What a warm and touching post! Many happy returns from Caliban's isle, gamba - and remember - a little of what you fancy does you good, so enjoy plenty of what you fancy today!
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                        X