X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

The Long March R4

This was a three part series about the 1934 Log March in China....I did hear bits of all three episodes which I stupidly thought would remain as an iplayer package....i.e. all 3 progs available until the series ended....but know only the third episode available....seemed to be a fantastically dramatic and tragic event which still echoes in China now even though the harrowing truth of the March is not taught in China , only the heroic is taught.

....still the story in episode 3 was startlingly extraordinary....
    bong ching
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
    This was a three part series about the 1934 Log March in China....I did hear bits of all three episodes which I stupidly thought would remain as an iplayer package....i.e. all 3 progs available until the series ended....but know only the third episode available....seemed to be a fantastically dramatic and tragic event which still echoes in China now even though the harrowing truth of the March is not taught in China , only the heroic is taught.

....still the story in episode 3 was startlingly extraordinary....
    Admittedly I have not tried playing them yet, but all three episodes appear to be available to listen to for over a year, here.

[Can now confirm the above. All three episodes at 130kbps HE-AAC, if "HI" bandwidth opted for.]

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

Ah brilliant ....thanks Bryn....

I find the new format for radio iplayer....completely mystifying....does not suit my dyslexia at all....
      bong ching

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        Ah brilliant ....thanks Bryn....

I find the new format for radio iplayer....completely mystifying....does not suit my dyslexia at all....
        You are not alone. I found them by Googling for "the long march bbc radio 4".

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          You are not alone. I found them by Googling for "the long march bbc radio 4".
          I find this best these days...

Incidentally, this March has just 19 days to go.

Comment

Working...
          X