X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richardfinegold
    • Sep 2012

ClassicKC FM 91.9

Discovered a Kansas City based station yesterday. The had a show featuring Reiner/CSO recordings, including a stereo Mozart Jupiter from 1954 which sounded lovely via Chromecast
  • Retune
    • Feb 2022

Nice find. They seem to syndicate performances regularly from some major US orchestras and the Met, etc.:

Is that something that many US classical stations do? It seems like a good arrangement, though the evening slot won't be ideal for UK listeners!

Comment

• richardfinegold
      • Sep 2012

I think their special programs, such as the one that I referenced, can be downloaded and listened to at viewer discretion. I listened to a show broadcast at 11AM Sunday at 21:00

Comment

• gradus
        • Nov 2010

Interesting and comprehensive website and I can't think of anything comparable here. How are they financed? They have a Sustaining Members donations page starting at $75 per month but I don't think that's the only source as their offer is so wide-ranging, although the employee photo is modest in numbers. Altogether fascinating, thanks for the link to them.

Comment

• richardfinegold
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by gradus View Post
          Interesting and comprehensive website and I can't think of anything comparable here. How are they financed? They have a Sustaining Members donations page starting at $75 per month but I don't think that's the only source as their offer is so wide-ranging, although the employee photo is modest in numbers. Altogether fascinating, thanks for the link to them.
          I really don’t know although if you wish I can pose the questions on facebook to the host that posted about the Reiner

Comment

• kernelbogey
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
            Discovered a Kansas City based station yesterday. The had a show featuring Reiner/CSO recordings, including a stereo Mozart Jupiter from 1954 which sounded lovely via Chromecast
            I'm pretty sure that is the recording I grew up with after my brother bought it. Defining, for me.

Comment

• richardfinegold
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post

I'm pretty sure that is the recording I grew up with after my brother bought it. Defining, for me.
              They played the stereo version, which I hadn’t previously known existed

Comment

Working...
              X