JazzCorner Forum's Closing July 1 (Calling KING KENNY ...TONE that is...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charles t
    • Nov 2010

JazzCorner Forum's Closing July 1 (Calling KING KENNY ...TONE that is...)

" JazzCorner's forums to close on July 1

As JazzCorner.com revamps in the coming months to focus closer on our clients and their websites (which we design, program and host) and our social media, we have decided to close these forums after 15+ years on July 1, 2013. It has been wonderful getting to know you, and all the friends and connections we have all made over the years. I hope you will continue to support our efforts and our ever-increasing roster of incredible musicians and organizations. We also hope you will contribute and stay up to date with our activities on Facebook and Twitter and signing up for our newsletter on JazzCorner

Thank you so much for your support and love!

Peace and light
    Lois Gilbert "

Will especially miss the contributions on 'Ask ECM' forum with VIP Steve Lake.

Organissimo.org is a standout, however:

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
    • Dec 2010

I got the strong impression that it had been dead on its feet for a long while. Age or boredom? Only so many times you can name your favourite ten Lee Morgan records without glazing over.

Meanwhile, jazz itself is in rude health. "Ahem", as Kenny might say...

BN.

Btw, just read some of the final postings...lambs lost in the snow. Lois doesnt seem to be crying many tears.
    Last edited by BLUESNIK'S REVOX; 18-06-13, 01:01.

Comment

• burning dog
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BLUESNIK'S REVOX View Post
      Only so many times you can name your favourite ten Lee Morgan records without glazing over.

BN.

That's more on the other two sites, including the one mentioned by Charles. Jazz Corner Speakeasy seemed to me mostly dedicated to Amercian Politics of late (well informed) and 'Other' ie. "The Alley" but not much posting about jazz at all.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
        • Dec 2010

My theory is that US jazz boards are a bit like a typical Mingus group. They start off productively and then explode with anger, rage and knives. They are a means of getting all that internal angst out. Soon they'll have drones...

BN.

Comment

• grippie

Originally posted by charles t View Post
          " JazzCorner's forums to close on July 1

As JazzCorner.com revamps in the coming months to focus closer on our clients and their websites (which we design, program and host) and our social media, we have decided to close these forums after 15+ years on July 1, 2013. It has been wonderful getting to know you, and all the friends and connections we have all made over the years. I hope you will continue to support our efforts and our ever-increasing roster of incredible musicians and organizations. We also hope you will contribute and stay up to date with our activities on Facebook and Twitter and signing up for our newsletter on JazzCorner

Thank you so much for your support and love!

Peace and light
          Lois Gilbert "

Will especially miss the contributions on 'Ask ECM' forum with VIP Steve Lake.

Organissimo.org is a standout, however:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/
          charles, Amazon.com (USA) Still have a jazz forum: http://www.amazon.com/forum/jazz?_en...x3DAG44NIZ0CDU

Comment

• charles t
            • Nov 2010

Thank you, Grip. Yes, cognizant of that one. Steve Lake (ECM) going it alone on Facebook, I found.

Facebook...(use) real name????

NSA (No Such Angst)

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
              • Dec 2010

I enjoyed JC way back when Chris Albertson used to write very often, particularly as he had some REAL insight into the business and jazz "life" etc., given his work with Riverside and radio work/interviews. But around then the site went thro one of its tedious periodic explosions and Chris left. The nature of these things it seems. Or maybe the whole thing is played out. To misquote Raymond Carver, "what do we (really) talk about when we talk about jazz."

BN.
              Last edited by BLUESNIK'S REVOX; 18-06-13, 21:36.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

"what do we (really) talk about when we talk about jazz."
                the sound of a funny smell ...................
                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
                X