X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clive heath
    • Sep 2024

A bauble for the Board

I've been trying to find a way of uploading small musical items to a free hosting site without success.

This small effort is an example, recorded yesterday at 9.10 a.m. without any warm-up in the front room where I have been processing my LPs. Other items might be illustrative portions of existing recordings. This bauble has necessarily, for the moment, been added to my site, which makes it LOOK like a massive ego-trip, which it is not meant to be ( massive, that is)

Clive Heath transcribes 78 records onto CD and gets rid of the crackle.

Any suggestions for a kind of you-audio would be very welcome.
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

thanks for thet Clive, here is another bauble that Trevor C and I would love

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• clive heath

Sorry, Calum, I don't get the Trevor C reference, is this to do with the old board? and how? am I the only one who doesn't get it?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

it is indeed the old bored Clive; Trevor and i were the only boredees who publicly asserted a deep admiration for Stan Getz in the face of some criticism from the others ahem .... since then, whenever i post about Stan i mention Trevor ... he retired from da bored when it passed and we started here ... no worries as they say down south, i often feel as if i am the only person on the planet who doesn't get it
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Thanks for the charming 'bauble', Clive. I'm sure some of the techies can advise about file-sharing sites - I've down- but haven't uploaded from them.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• clive heath

This is just a test to see if the link to my little pianistic effort of sometime ago can be replaced by embedding the link.

<audio><source src="http://www.cliveheathmusic.co.uk/trax/LP-MP3/bauble.mp3" type="audio/mpeg"></audio>

OK it seems the forum doesn't support this way of embedding unless I've made a technical mistake. Maybe there is a way of embedding just music without the visuals that seem to accompany all youtube embeds even thought the visual content is static .
            Last edited by Guest; 21-07-14, 20:23. Reason: failure

Comment

• clive heath

I was given the opportunity recently of playing on a "Roland" electronic piano, which with software can amazingly produce what you have just played as a musical score. Here are some of the results added to the "Bauble for the Board" from last year. The scrunchy start to "'Til there was you" is because I was trying to get in time with the "click track" which is meant to keep me from wayward time keeping, a fault of exclusively solo amateurs. I call it rubato myself! "Mellow Mists" is my own composition.

Clive Heath transcribes 78 records onto CD and gets rid of the crackle.

...heard some of Joe Stilgoe's "New Songs for Old Souls" yesterday, these put me firmly in the "Old Souls" category.

Comment

Working...
              X