X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian Thumwood
    • Dec 2010

Magic Slim ~RIP (1937-2013)

Saddened to read the report of the death of the great Chicargo bluesman Magic Slim. I've seen him on a couple of occasions and his gutsy style of electric blues was always hugely entertaining. Like so many blues musicians, I think he came across as a larger than life character on stage and he seemed to be able to rattle of an endless stream of catchy tunes. His set eas one of the more memorable at last year's Vienne jazz festival and along with the likes of B B King and Eric Bibb, I think Slim's shows were always amongst the most enjoyable and entertaining. His guitar playing always seemed impressive as well as his quite pithy and laconic vocals. My Dad's got one of his latest records which is a great listen but I'm not too aware of his earlier output from the 1950's onwards.

Magic Slim, the American blues guitarist and leading figure in the Chicago blues scene, dies aged 75.
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

bet that early stuff is the one Ian; not heard of him but this recent clip shows he had mojo

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
      • Dec 2010

NOT to be confused with Magic Sam who cut classic and inventive sides thro the 50s et 60s to a sadly early death.

Ckout Sam (vitally) live et angry on Utube.

BN.

Comment

Working...
      X