• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

...the filling of the pail ....

Alyn has Roy Budd as El Senor noes but also Stanley and other thoughtful choices

Geoffrey does highlights

Neil Cowley is a blazingly original pianist/composer with his own take on the traditional jazz piano. Today's London Jazz Festival performance is the culmination of an exclusive project created in collaboration with Goldsmiths College. Together with violinist/arranger Julian Ferraretto, Cowley aims to turn the way classical music is prepared and played. Cowley and Ferraretto will challenge a specially-assembled 30 piece 'big strings' orchestra to cast aside the principles of classical music, and replace with the theory of jazz improvisation and playing by ear, bringing new life to music from the trio's highly acclaimed release, The Face of Mount Molehill, as well as material specially composed for the concert
    JLU is interesting again!

no Jon3 summat about 13 being jex's lucky number etc

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Along with a happy new year, Calum, a toast to you bruv, for going to such trouble in keeping us likes informed of the forthcomings.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
      • Dec 2010

Amen to that, Bro C, Many thanks for keeping us all alert and alive to the brickworks that is R3.

Have a good one.

BN.

Comment

• Alyn_Shipton
        • Nov 2010

Brickworks?

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
          • Dec 2010

Alyn, no offence to you and Geoff! "Cathedrals in the desert" as they say in economics. But, its still a R3 desert.

BN.

Comment

• Quarky
            • Dec 2010

For those interested in complete trivialities, the number of posts in the jazz and world forums have been running neck and neck for the past few weeks, but with this post, I believe the Jazz forum overtakes World.

My calculations always likely to be blown apart by Lateral Thinking!

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

in my experience pretty much anything can be blown apart by Lat bless him

and thank you for you r gracious comments on my hostly duties; it is a privilege to serve ......

[mine will be eighteen pints of County and a case of White Shield --- looks like a lock in]
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• grippie

ya! cheers bro

Comment

• Quarky
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                  in my experience pretty much anything can be blown apart by Lat bless him

and thank you for you r gracious comments on my hostly duties; it is a privilege to serve ......

[mine will be eighteen pints of County and a case of White Shield --- looks like a lock in]
                  The success of the Jazz bored is down to your masterly stewardship Calum. Long may it continue!!
                  And Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
                  X