X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jazzrook
    • Mar 2011

Curtis Amy & Dupree Bolton ~ 'Katanga!'

Playing my old FONTANA LP of Curtis Amy's 'Katanga!' for the first time in many years brought home to me what a great album this is. Wonderful playing from the underrated saxophonist Amy and the little-recorded trumpeter Dupree Bolton. Delighted to see that it's at last available on CD.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • BLUESNIK'S REVOX
    • Dec 2010

AGREE! And dont they look tres cool on Utube? There are also some great clips of Teddy Edwards wonderful sextet with Freddie Hill on there.

Tres bon bon.

BN.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
      Playing my old FONTANA LP of Curtis Amy's 'Katanga!' for the first time in many years brought home to me what a great album this is. Wonderful playing from the underrated saxophonist Amy and the little-recorded trumpeter Dupree Bolton. Delighted to see that it's at last available on CD.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=epSC0iWZxxI
      Thanks for yet another introduction from the past, JR. Pianist Jack Wilson's take on the McCoy Tyner influence is of special interest on that track - what happened to him? one wonders...

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
        • Dec 2010

He died in 2007. His 60s Bluenote album, Easterly Winds, is ALL on Utube. Not that out of the period norm but some nice Jackie Mclean along for the ride.

BN.

Comment

Working...
        X