• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Jazz LPs need a good home

An erstwhile poster says he has a set of 5 Miles Davis LPs (Miles Davis: The CBS Years 1955-1985), in good condition, which he will donate to anyone who would like them as he no longer has a turntable to play them on.

He has very kindly offered to pay the postage costs (so I'd better tentatively stipulate UK-based). First person to speak up, gets them. PM me or post a message here.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.
  • grippie

I would love to give them a good home, as long as they are fully turntable trained, they would be played in a good friendly environment with lots of other Jazz vinyl friends who regularly cleaned, listened to and admired!

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by grippie View Post
      I would love to give them a good home, as long as they are fully turntable trained, they would be played in a good friendly environment with lots of other Jazz vinyl friends who regularly cleaned, listened to and admired!
      They could be yours then, gripps :-) .

I'll PM you ....
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• grippie

Cheeeeeeeeeeers

Comment

• grippie

Miles Davis: The CBS Years 1955-1985 received yesterday, fantastic set in pristine condition on very good vinyl too. The sound is wonderful, nothing quite like it, except perhaps a piece of shellac spinning at 78rpm with a direct to disc recording of the artist/artists performing on that day.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
            • Dec 2010

Well, there is having them in your living room. I had Miles etc. round my house back in the day. Never again. Philly Joe spending hours in the bathroom, Red Garland spilling gin all over my jazz accordian and Miles turning his back on the cat. As for Trane, he was honking away til past midnight.

Thats why now I stick to budget CDs and top class C90s.

BN.

Comment

• grippie

Comment

Working...
              X