How significant would jazz be if this was a piano only art form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLUESNIK'S REVOX
    • Dec 2010

MAYBE!

Dont know many Emperors...well a few plebian penguins. Who think that band was a train wreck with Dewey featured less and less...

BN... down Cardiff's Roath lake with the whistling ducks...very Roland.

BN.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

dis one is for you El Senor Blues ... imagine what jazz would be if there were no accordions ..

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
        • Dec 2010

Indeed. Not often you see the R3 jazz presenters really letting their hair down like that..

BN.

Comment

• Ian Thumwood
          • Dec 2010

If you want to hear Israeli jazz musicians, I think this is probably more in keeping with Bluesnik's taste. There is a bit of Mingus in this track which translates as "The best of the best." All you need to do is pull one of the speakers out of the socket and listen in mono - it will sound just like a classic piece of jazz from the 50's!!

I've been quite enthused by Anat Cohen's clarinet playing (despite some tame efforts like "Noir" ) as she has taken the music on from Benny Goodman and brought her instrument into a more contemporary field whilst not losing any of the famous amount of swing BG was celebrated for. She's ok on a variety of saxes but not really as distinctive as she is on her first instrument. However, I've been checking out her borther Avishsai's trumpet playing (a different Avishai Cohn to the bassist!) and been hugely impressed/. His "Treveni" group is a lot more outside and take it's cue from the likes of Don Cherry. In this family group they are just out to have a good time and how can grumble when the music is as entertaining as this. I suppose that this boppish trumoet should be right up Bluesnik's alley.

Comment

• Ian Thumwood
            • Dec 2010

Amat Cohen playing clarinet:-

Comment

Working...
            X