Farewell Geoffrey Smith Tea Time on Saturday Will Never Be The Same!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

On the Saturdays when the team had been stuffed.....again, Geoffrey was a haven to sooth the soul. I'll miss his Saturday post footie teatime style. Awraverybest Geoffrey!

Comment

• Resurrection Man

I'd also like to add my appreciation of Geoffrey's style and panache.

No-one has asked why he's moving to the midnight slot (or maybe I missed it). I will posit a possible explanation. The ClassicFm-Lite aka BBC Radio Tweet-fest3 wanted to introduce a phone-in, emails, a Jazz-You-Like Your Call and tweet-of-the-week....all contributing to the demise of what was once a world class radio station. Geoffrey has integrity and principles and so said 'No'.

Comment

• Byas'd Opinion

There's an interview with Geoffrey Smith in the May edition of Jazz Journal. He says he was approached by the BBC management to take a "sabbatical" from JRR in order to do a programme along the lines of his 100 Jazz Legends book, and that if there is any intention of changing JRR to attract a younger audience, he isn't aware of it.

The new Geoffrey Smith's Jazz will be going on at the time vacated by Jazz Library, ie incredibly late on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

been done over by kurokowski innit ..
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Quarky
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Byas'd Opinion View Post
            The new Geoffrey Smith's Jazz will be going on at the time vacated by Jazz Library, ie incredibly late on Saturday night/Sunday morning.
            Hello again Geoffrey. A great programme in my view. Keep up the good work Geoffrey - I'm certainly learning a lot!

Comment

Working...
            X