X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jazzrook
    • Mar 2011

Rene Thomas ~ Guitar Groove

From guitarist Rene Thomas's hard-to-find 1960 album 'Guitar Groove'(OJC) with tenorist J.R.Monterose:

Discover Guitar Groove by René Thomas released in 1960. Find album reviews, track lists, credits, awards and more at AllMusic.
  • Ian Thumwood
    • Dec 2010

Interesting discovery and someone I had never heard of before this thread. There is a very "French" sound to his playing and not too removed from the kind of Bop that I have heard Sacha Distel play with the likes of Lionel Hampton. I think that jazz guitar from this era is almost like another instrument in the purity of tone and reflects the then current vogue for "cool" jazz. The band make a nice sound and i don't think anyone can have any grumbles about this kind of jazz. Nice groove from the bass and drums.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

J R Monterose has excited mb discussion in earlier times .... here he is

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

the belgian connection again but not Rene Thomas

sorry for the xover to JR but here is Rene in fine form in his own trio
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
        X