Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Listening right now to the second set of this, I'm enjoying it more than I did when I was actually there. The front room at the QEH isn't exactly the best place for listening to intimate free improv, with it's odd, sandwiched in auditorium, though the place was full and very attentive, with very few walking out and no hostile asides: people seem to be much more prepared to accept abstraction as part of the musical landscape than even a few years ago.

Comment

• handsomefortune

people seem to be much more prepared to accept abstraction as part of the musical landscape than even a few years ago.

think you're right.

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post
        people seem to be much more prepared to accept abstraction as part of the musical landscape than even a few years ago.

think you're right.
        Surely ALL music is "Abstract" ?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

except when it is concrete?
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
            Surely ALL music is "Abstract" ?
            I would treat the concept of abstraction in music in terms of the breakdown of tonality and its support structures in Schoenberg's music and others' as analogous with the arrival of non-representational art at around the same time. Arnold and Wassily were quite good buddies, I understand.

Comment

Working...
            X