• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charles t
    • Nov 2010

From NPR - Donny McCaslin Live At Monterey 2011

So my taxes are paying for something, at least:

He's a world-class saxophonist in New York. But at Monterey, he's also the lanky kid who grew up in nearby Santa Cruz and played in the festival's high school all-star band. The local boy done good comes home with his funky, electric band in tow.
  • charles t
    • Nov 2010

featuring an especially pretty composition: Firefly - (at 27" mark) dedicated to his wife...

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

hi Chas a bit late now but i will check it out soon, lot of Monterey stuff on NPR ...
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Byas'd Opinion

When I tried listening to it about half an hour ago, there was a note up saying they were having temporary problems with the audio for that concert. This gave me the chance to look around the site and discover that there's also an excellent set from Bill Carrothers up there, also from this year's Monterey festival.
        He may not wear shoes, or sit on a bench, or live anywhere close to any other jazz musicians. But he's developed a unique vision for piano trio, and with some old friends, his soft touch and luminous chord voicings were especially ripe.

Comment

Working...
        X