• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Ray Brown JL 10.ix.11

One for the bass players; Ray Brown's career stretches all the way from bebop to Starbucks via Oscar Peterson .... expect Alyn enjoyed this one, a fellow bassist to talk to ....

this shows his playing to advantage

Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 09-09-11, 23:04.
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • grippie

A big favourite of mine too, looking forward to the prog which has reverted back to it's normal time of 4pm, but I believe this is about to change permanently?

In an archive interview, bassist Ray Brown talks to Alyn Shipton about his key recordings.

Comment

• Alyn_Shipton
      • Nov 2010

Grippie
      We move permanently (?) to Saturday midnight (our former repeat slot) from next Saturday 17th, when Brian Priestley joins me to talk about Gerry
      Mulligan.

Comment

• Ariosto

A really wonderful bass player. What more can one say? (Beats conducting any day ...)

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
          • Dec 2010

ANOTHER VERY GOOD PROGAMME!

Shame about the move to midnight - unless they (R3) gave Jazz the entire "Thro the night" slot?

FAT CHANCE.

BN.

Maybe Alyn can play Monk and Mulligan's "Round MIdnight" (Riverside) in the next prog. as a bitter comment on the twisted evils of the Marko Thompson regime. Where is NATO when you need 'em?

Comment

• grippie

http://youtu.be/5KFYUJ63nk8

Comment

Working...
            X