X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom Audustus
    • Jun 2024

Great evening at the 606 last night

The second half of Jim Mullen's gig at the 606 in Chelsea was really memorable with the American trumpet player Jim Rotondi guesting. What was impressive was the lovely warm tone and fluency of Mullen's guitar playing. It was a pleasure to listen to when compared to some other guitarists around these days. The music was hot and so was the good wife having thought she spotted Kyle Eastwood in the audience!

I do like the atmosphere at the 606. It seems so much more authenticlly jazzy, if you see what I mean, than the plusher Ronnie Scott's.
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

on Mullen, saw him at the Pizza in Dean St years back and was very warm and funky then ... never been to 606!
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
      on Mullen, saw him at the Pizza in Dean St years back and was very warm and funky then ... never been to 606!
      Problem with the 606 is it's being a bit off the beaten track unless one owns a car or can cadge a lift. And you have to eat there, whether you want to or like the menu. For these reasons mainly I never go there. Agree about Jim Mullen - really nice guy too.

S-A

Comment

Working...
      X