Beckoning - to rhyme with Rhythm.A.ning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Beckoning - to rhyme with Rhythm.A.ning?

Apologies for the belated billing this week, owing to internet connection breakdown - now thankfully cured. As Radio 3 is digging up its own car park there is no Jazz Record Requests this week, so though silver & gold have I not, what I have I give you:

Sat 29 Oct
    5pm - J to Z

Kevin Le Gendre presents a special edition for Black History Month, joined by flautist and composer Nicole Mitchell to explore jazz, Afrofuturism and beyond, with recordings by Sun Ra, Alice Coltrane and others. Mitchell also shares some of her favourite Afrofuturist tracks, including recordings by Nala Sinephro, Moor Mother and the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Exploring jazz, Afrofuturism and beyond with Nicole Mitchell, Theo Croker, William Parker.

12 midnight - Freeness
    With Corey Mwamba, including trio Beck Hunters, recorded earlier this month at this year's Newcastle Festival of jazz and improvised music.

I'll never forget Mick Beck and his band being stopped for "not playing jazz" [sic] by the host at a gig I was attending. Can't remember if they'd come all the way from Sheffield, his home base. He's a good free player and this was a commendable set, what we heard of it.

Working...
X