X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLUESNIK'S REVOX
    • Dec 2010

Tina May RIP

Ive just seen that Tina May has died. Very sad to say the least. There's a full tribute to her on the London Jazz Website.

This is her with Nikki Iles, it's a bit special.

Last edited by BLUESNIK'S REVOX; 03-04-22, 09:37.
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by BLUESNIK'S REVOX View Post
    I just seen that Tina May has died. Very sad to say the least. There's a full tribute to her on the London Jazz Website.

http://youtu.be/ZQnY4F_RtXM
    Very sad - no real age! RIP Tina

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

I just seen that Tina May has died. Very sad to say the least. There's a full tribute to her on the London Jazz Website.

http://youtu.be/ZQnY4F_RtXM
      Link to the Jazz in London site - scroll down the page - with a further link there to a tribute from her two children.

News, reviews, features and comment from the London jazz scene and beyond

It is only a few weeks since we name dropped Tina on the forum. She was a smashing lass as well as one of our best singers, this news is difficult to take on board.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
        • Dec 2010

Tina May :“Cardiff was a great place to be a student – culturally a lot was happening. Jed Williams put South Wales on the map with the founding of the Welsh Jazz Society and I got to see lots of great gigs. I sang with guitarist Dylan Fowler, often at Gibbs Club – which was a fab little jazz club run by Bob Jones, happy times. I got into jazz when I was a child and found that the Cardiff musicians were very welcoming and encouraging to me.”

That's where I first met her.

Comment

• elmo
          • Nov 2010

Tina May :“Cardiff was a great place to be a student – culturally a lot was happening. Jed Williams put South Wales on the map with the founding of the Welsh Jazz Society and I got to see lots of great gigs. I sang with guitarist Dylan Fowler, often at Gibbs Club – which was a fab little jazz club run by Bob Jones, happy times. I got into jazz when I was a child and found that the Cardiff musicians were very welcoming and encouraging to me.”

That's where I first met her.
          That's where I first met her too - can't remember the gig but she was very good. A sad loss

elmo

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
            • Dec 2010

I tried to chat her there up by telling her then boyfriend was an Art Pepper clone, so best to stay home and listen to the record! My way with women! Met her a few times after and she was always great and very upbeat and hopefully didn't remember!

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
              • Dec 2010

I tried to chat her there up by telling her then boyfriend was an Art Pepper clone, so best to stay home and listen to the record! My way with women! Met her a few times after and she was always great and very upbeat and hopefully didn't remember!
              *Alyn is running a request/tribute JRR on the 24 April.

Comment

Working...
              X