• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

JLU 21.viii.11

this week profiles the album Providencia by Danilo Perez. On that Perez states, "Providencia is more than a delightful suite. It is a love story... a love story between a father and his daughters, between a native son and his country." Danilo talks through the album gives his take on the changing styles on each track.
    i often find myself enjoying mr Perez's playing ....

Julian J looks to be in a streak of form ...some interesting albums on show tho within the JLU remit of not scaring the punters ...
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

oh Trevor it was just too many singers! ...mind you some nice piano from Gareth Williams on an otherwise undistinguished warble ... jazz singing is perhaps the most unforgiving art, you need more than a voice and techniwue, you need a real personality, a sense of stories from life that is convincing ...

the Perez work Providencia is interesting
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
      oh Trevor it was just too many singers! ...mind you some nice piano from Gareth Williams on an otherwise undistinguished warble ... jazz singing is perhaps the most unforgiving art, you need more than a voice and techniwue, you need a real personality, a sense of stories from life that is convincing ...

the Perez work Providencia is interesting
      I must have dropped off somewhere midway through the track you cite Calum. Hence I'd forgotten all about this particular JLU. I now see Anita Wardell, a singer I genuinely do like and think has real personality, was featured on the final track.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

didn't make it that far!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Makes 2 of us

Comment

Working...
          X