X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Katzelmacher
    • Jan 2021

Unavailable Coltrane

Disappointed to see that so many late period Coltrane albums seem to be unavailable either on CD or even as downloads, at least in Britain and/or the rest of Europe.

I’m referrring to - Live At The Village Vanguard Again, Transition, Living Space, First Meditations, Stellar Regions, Cosmic Music among some others.

OK, so most of these are posthumous releases, authorised by Alice, but they’re still important. So, why are they unavailable? Does anyone know?
  • BLUESNIK'S REVOX
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Katzelmacher View Post
    Disappointed to see that so many late period Coltrane albums seem to be unavailable either on CD or even as downloads, at least in Britain and/or the rest of Europe.

I’m referrring to - Live At The Village Vanguard Again, Transition, Living Space, First Meditations, Stellar Regions, Cosmic Music among some others.

OK, so most of these are posthumous releases, authorised by Alice, but they’re still important. So, why are they unavailable? Does anyone know?

If it's any help 20 CDs from Coltrane's Impulse back catalogue were issued on (limited) release today in Japan. I'm guessing you already know this though. No idea why there's no parallel European counterpart...

Comment

• Joseph K
      Banned
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Katzelmacher View Post

I agree, this is a scandal. I don't know why Impulse is so lax where this is concerned.

I used to have Live at The Village Vanguard Again (it got stolen and I haven't got round to replacing it) and I have all the others you mention, except for Cosmic Music. I think at one time you could get most his Impulse albums in boxed sets, of which I think they were five - I only ended up getting the third one since it was the only one at the time which wasn't exorbitant, but I'm not sure any of those are still available.

Comment

Working...
      X