• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charles t
    • Nov 2010

What's In A Name (Don Cherry)?

Now available among recent jazz additions to emusic (I kid you not):

Last edited by charles t; 07-08-11, 20:36.
  • BLUESNIK'S REVOX
    • Dec 2010

I've got a UK guide to rare records which lists this as "See also Ornette Coleman and Archie Shepp".

I always got thrown by high street record shops in the early 60s where you'ld (hopefully) ask for a TRES HIP Atlantic Ray Charles album and they'd shove the god awful "Ray Charles Singers" at you.

AIN'T NO RAELETS, BABY!

BN.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

the level of knowledge that emusic display in their classifications and search is awesome .... so poor that they eclipse the old high street retailers ... nonetheless they have a back list treasury of jazz ....
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• burning dog
        • Dec 2010

I was expecting the song by that sad geezer to be the one with the most famous James Jamerson bassline that's not actually by him (I won a tenner on that once.) That would have made it even more funny.

Comment

• Byas'd Opinion

Talking of basslines: Paul Chambers.

Comment

• burning dog
            • Dec 2010

Keith Jarrett

Comment

• Byas'd Opinion

Wonder if he insisted the crowd didn't cough, sneeze or breathe loudly when he was playing?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Byas'd Opinion View Post
                Wonder if he insisted the crowd didn't cough, sneeze or breathe loudly when he was playing?
                Or take photos!

Comment

• handsomefortune

> the level of knowledge that emusic display in their classifications and search is awesome .... so poor <

tis too calum da jazbo. (mostly)

missing 'yeah techno' and bass lines anyone?

and 'singapore swing' (even worse)?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

someone wrote beneath utube track "sometimes you download a song and a few days later it's gone due to no copyright xp".

i'll say....but occasionaly this is just as well.... in some cases.

yet funki porcini isn't nearly as hip .... incredibly. must be because he's topical, intelligent in his digi sound/visual approach perhaps? you actually don't need to take tablets in order to appreciate his digi creativity.

NEW ALBUM STUDIO 59 NOW OUThttps://funkiporcini.bandcamp.com/album/studio-59Music is from ON available from https://funkiporcini.bandcamp.com/album/onFunki P...

still, if you can pretend that a bunch of oldtime crooning songs are 'jazz', and by don cherry .... the obstacles to exposure are currently a lot more complex. genuine critical appreciation of any creative success are typically long forgotten in the process. odd that don cherry is apparently of salmon pink, blobby complexion? anyone expecting plenty of trumpet presumably might spot that this is a clue.... as to don's trumpet being totally absent. nice try though eh! clearly, it's all in the mix(up)

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

funk porcini
                    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

The nameless is the Tao, the origin and foundation of all that is
                      Naming is the mother and father of all things

Lao Tsu

Comment

Working...
                      X