X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jazzrook
    • Mar 2011

Bobby Few(1935-2021) ~ RIP

sad news from his colleagues -- the great pianist Bobby Few has died in Paris at age 85. I was just thinking about him the other day as I went back through a tape of an interview I did with him, wherein he played as we chatted over the phone. Really nice guy and an amazing player -- saw him twice...

No one played piano like Bobby Few. Every piece of his was an epic in miniature, a journey, an event. Here is the title track from Few's 1979 record, complet...

JR
    Last edited by Jazzrook; 09-02-21, 12:14.
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

As somebody who knows embarrassingly little about Bobby Few, it really is high time I made some effort. What little I have heard of his playing he came across as a useful bridge between Cecil Taylor and McCoy Tyner, though that's probably an over-simplification.

Comment

• Jazzrook
      • Mar 2011

Bobby Few with Booker Ervin, Richard Williams, Cevera Jeffries & Lenny McBrowne playing 'Sweet Pea' from the 1968 album 'The In Between':

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupSweet Pea (1997 - Remaster) · Booker ErvinBlue Note Saxophone Legendsâ„— 1997 Blue Note RecordsReleased on: 2019-11...

JR

Comment

Working...
      X