Decode yourselves, but shh! - Speake low.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quarky
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Alyn_Shipton View Post
    But Quarky we were featuring Ambrose Akinmusire live in concert on Jazz Now three years ago. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b093p3b4
    Yes Alyn - that is where I first heard of him - a wonderful, wonderful musician. But 3 years is not a long time relative to 100 years lifetime of Jazz.

I was listening to his spiel on his influences. It all seemed so "here and now"!

Comment

• Quarky
      • Dec 2010

Well I'm not familiar with The Wire, but it does seem to be primarily on On-line publication and web site. However paper copies can be ordered, if you insist:
      On the cover: Annea Lockwood : Having explored the outer reaches of sound across a multi-decade career taking in burning pianos, animals and pulsars, the New Zealand composer turns her attention to love and loss. By Louise Gray. Plus: Once Upon A Time In Maida Vale : In 1970s London, Spanish exile Miguel JM García García established a space where anarcho punk and industrial music would flourish. By Nick Soulsby; Svitlana Nianio : The Ukrainian vocalist and keyboard player approaches folk song with an experimental ear. By Olena Pohonchenkova; Invisible Jukebox: Gerald Cleaver : Will the US drummer and electronic composer Adjust to The Wire’s mystery record selection – or end up In The Wilderness? Tested by Collin Smith; Kramer : From Bongwater and Butthole Surfers to Palace, Low and now Laraaji – the US producer, musician and Shimmy-Disc proprietor continues to produce prosthetic memories. By Emily Pothast. Also inside this issue: Unlimited Editions: Guruguru Brain ; Unofficial Channels: Radio Amnion ; Coffin Prick ; Ellen Zweig ; Goat ; Ziúr ; Global Ear in Bucharest ; The Inner Sleeve by Abdullah Miniawy ; Epiphanies by Sunik Kim ; plus pages of reviews and much more.

Comment

• MarkG
        • Apr 2011

I think my postal subscription to the Wire may arrive a little earlier than in the shops. So hopefully it will be in the newsagents eventually (if they are open).

Comment

Working...
        X