• Show
Clear All
  • Joseph K
    Banned
    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
    Miles Davis Quintet with Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock,
    Ron Carter & Tony Williams in Karlsruhe, Germany, November 7, 1967:

00:39 Agitations 07:41 Footprints13:43 I fall in love too easily25:16 Gingerbread boy30:39 The themeMiles Davis - trumpetWayne Shorter - saxophoneRon Carter ...

JR

Comment

• Joseph K
      Banned
      • Oct 2017

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
        Lovely stuff, Joseph K! Thanks.

Comment

• Jazzrook
          • Mar 2011

Sonny Stitt, Howard McGhee, J.J.Johnson, Walter Bishop, Tommy Potter & Kenny Clarke, Jazz 625, 1964:

Sonny Stitt - alto saxHoward McGhee - trumpetJJ Johnson - tromboneWalter Bishop - pianoTommy Potter - bassKenny Clarke - drums

JR

Comment

• Jazzrook
            • Mar 2011

Thelonious Monk with Charlie Rouse, John Ore & Frankie Dunlop at Palais des Beaux-Arts, Brussels, 1963:

Monk's Dream 00:12Drums solo 07:40Criss Cross 12:19Rhythm-a-ning 17:34Epistrophy 23:38Evidence 24:50Ruby my dear 31:39Bright Mississippi 40:00 Thelonious Mon...

JR

Comment

• Tenor Freak
              • Dec 2010

Freddie Hubbard waaaaay oooop North in Molde with a European-based group of Kenny "The Keys" Drew on keys, Niels-Henning oops-we-can't-be-bothered-to-write-his-entire-name-on-this-Blue-Note-LP on bass and Alex Riel on drums.
              all words are trains for moving past what really has no name

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
                • Dec 2010

Tubby Hayes big band, BBC TV Ronnie Scott's 1970..."Inner Splurge".

I hadn't seen this clip before although it's been up for years...a much slimmer, sideburned Tubby, this must be around the time of his heart trouble. And the "ensemble" in white shirts with cufflinks, that late! Enormous vitality and drive as Mr Scott states in his intro...

Comment

• Jazzrook
                  • Mar 2011

Anthony Braxton, Kenny Wheeler, Dave Holland & Barry Altschul, Montreux, 1975:

Anthony Braxton, Kenny Wheeler, Dave Holland, Barry Altschul playing Braxton's Composition 23E at Jazz Festival Montreux, July 20, 1975. Please also visit my...

JR

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BLUESNIK'S REVOX View Post
                    Tubby Hayes big band, BBC TV Ronnie Scott's 1970..."Inner Splurge".

I hadn't seen this clip before although it's been up for years...a much slimmer, sideburned Tubby, this must be around the time of his heart trouble. And the "ensemble" in white shirts with cufflinks, that late! Enormous vitality and drive as Mr Scott states in his intro...

http://youtu.be/knybg2tJXI8
                    It could be a good one for "guess the musicians" time were it not for the picture quality. I'm pretty sure Skid is first in the sax section, next to Tubby, and we had Gordon Beck on piano and a very young-looking Ron Matthewson on bass. The guitarist and the drummer I really should know, but don't recognise. I'd need to look 'em up.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                      It could be a good one for "guess the musicians" time were it not for the picture quality. I'm pretty sure Skid is first in the sax section, next to Tubby, and we had Gordon Beck on piano and a very young-looking Ron Matthewson on bass. The guitarist and the drummer I really should know, but don't recognise. I'd need to look 'em up.
                      I think the guitarist is Louis Stewart. Drummer Spike Wells? Peter King's in the sax section. Someone has listed the personnel to that clip in the comments. It's interesting because that tune/arrangement must have taken a hell of a lot of rehearsal, they are v. precise as sections. I doubt anyone paid for rehearsals so a labour of love?

Comment

• Jazzrook
                        • Mar 2011

Bobby Hutcherson, Harold Land, Stanley Cowell, Reggie Johnson & Joe Chambers at Molde Jazz Festival, Norway in 1969:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

JR

Comment

• CGR
                          • Aug 2016

Small's in New York is open. No masks, no social distancing and producing good music.

We in the UK should be doing the same.

Comment

• CGR
                            • Aug 2016

Livestream from Smalls - No masks, no social distancing.

Back to normal !!!

Comment

• CGR
                              • Aug 2016

Comment

• CGR
                                • Aug 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X