• Show
Clear All
  • CGR
    • Aug 2016

Interesting Jazz article on The Spectator website

Britain’s jazz scene is in full swing
  • gradus
    • Nov 2010

If it's true, it's good news for all those musicians that slog round the provincial jazz club circuit every week and for the people that work hard to keep those clubs alive with regular work for musicians.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Did anyone catch the article on Keith and Julie Tippett in this month's Wire magazine? It was mentioned on here in June and I completely forgot to get this month's copy at the start of the month. Today my nearest WH Smith's only had JazzWise. I'll let everyone know if it contains anything interesting.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

I see from another article in there, that that total shitbag Brendan bloody O'Neill has re-launched his trashing campaign against Greta Thunberg, this time attacking her contribution to a song by a band I'd never heard of called The 75. Thank you Spectator, for linking to it. As I once said on here, there's only one thing worse than a militant ex-smoker, and that's an ex-Leftie. The fact that it may not be most significant contribution to music does nothing to stop me wanting to leap through the screen and hug her every time she is on the TV.

Comment

• Jazzrook
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          Did anyone catch the article on Keith and Julie Tippett in this month's Wire magazine? It was mentioned on here in June and I completely forgot to get this month's copy at the start of the month. Today my nearest WH Smith's only had JazzWise. I'll let everyone know if it contains anything interesting.
          The Keith & Julie Tippett article in The Wire is on Facebook:

for anyone who has been inspired by the direction and person of Keith Tippett. How has this great guy inspired you.

JR

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
            The Keith & Julie Tippett article in The Wire is on Facebook:

for anyone who has been inspired by the direction and person of Keith Tippett. How has this great guy inspired you.

JR
            Oh wonderful - looking there would never have occurred to me. Thanks yet once again, JR.

Comment

• Jazzrook
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              Oh wonderful - looking there would never have occurred to me. Thanks yet once again, JR.
              Thanks, S_A. Hope you enjoy reading it.
              Agree entirely with your comments on the vile Brendan O'Neill and the saintly Greta Thunberg.

JR

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
                Thanks, S_A. Hope you enjoy reading it.
                Agree entirely with your comments on the vile Brendan O'Neill and the saintly Greta Thunberg.

JR
                Actually it's rather difficult to read in the format presented, but never mind, I can catch up elsewhere - but scroll down the posts, and there's an amazing clip of The Blue Notes at Antibes in '64 - the occasion that decided them on making here their home. Shame it's only 8 minutes - presumably there must be more footage somewhere; this is good quality b&w. (No pun intended).

Martin Archer's trying to flog a CD he's made of Keith's Unlonely Raindancer, recorded (or was recorded from outtakes from a tour) in '79. I've told him, hey, there's nothing wrong with my vinyl copy!

Comment

Working...
                X