X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Jazz New Blood website

This site came up while investigating one of the broadcast bands on yesterday's J to Z, and I thought might be of general interest:

SUPPORTING #Youthjazztalent since 2015 -JazznewbloodALIVE SHOWCASE @EFG London Jazz Festival -JazznewbloodTAPES RADIO SHOW/PODCAST @RESONANCE (UK), @RADIOALHARA (PL), @NACIONAL DE CABO VERDE (CV), @RADIO PACOUL (FR), @RADIOOLISIPO (PT) https://jazznewbloodtapes.simplecast.com/ -Jazznewblood digital label @https://jazznewblood.bandcamp.com/ -Jazznewblood Promo Photo campaign for talent under 24 @Jazznewblood.org -Jazznewblood Photo archive of the Youth Jazz Scene under 24 @jazznewblood.org -Jazznewblood Audio archive of the Youth Jazz Scene under 24 @soundcloud.com/jazznewbloodalive -Jazznewblood Video archive on this YOUTUBE page FOLLOW here #youthjazztalent #jazzfuturenow VISIT jazznewblood.org / twiiter.com/jazznewblood / facebook.com/jazznewblood Created and Managed by Patricia Pascal
  • BLUESNIK'S REVOX
    • Dec 2010

Thanks very much for this. Good luck to them all on "the Journey" as they say, but the standout to me is Nubya Garcia and her outfit ("The Source"), I've seen some stuff from her previously on YouTube and she & co does impress. Some of the others seem anaemic to my age hardened ears and tastes but she's got fire and more.

BN.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Nubya performs and talks to Jools Holland about her recent Proms debut and her shortlisted Mercury Prize album Source on his 45-minute show tonight - starting at 9.55pm on BBC2. Sting is also featured for a new release in his name. Radio Times:

The track [Chaise Longue]'s appeal lies in its nonchalant sense of humour, with lines like "Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?" and it proves that you only need two bass notes to score a viral hit. Well, as Lou Reed said, "Three chords and you're into jazz".

Two more pretentous comments would surely be difficult to dream up.

Comment

• Tenor Freak
        • Dec 2010

Of the current crop of new players Nubya Garcia is my favourite. Her Tiny Desk appearance via Teams/Zoom/whatever is well worth checking out:

Her keyboardist on this date, Joe Armon-Jones, is also well worth checking out.
        all words are trains for moving past what really has no name

Comment

Working...
        X