• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Slow rolling down to the Shaw.

Sat 7 July
    4pm - Jazz Record Requests

Alyn Shipton with listeners' requests for all styles of jazz including by clarinettist, band leader and superstar of the big band era Artie Shaw.

5pm IS WAGNER TIME, waheeey - so no Jay to Zee this week, sorry folks; it's that time of year again when the Superman always wins out.

- Ring ring
    - You called sir?
    - It's all right Jeeves; just wringing my T-shirt out.

12midnight - Geoffrey Smith's Jazz
    A personal journey through the world of jazz, featuring a selection of music by Woody Herman.

Geoffrey Smith surveys the 1960s recordings of bandleader Woody Herman.

Mon 9 July
    11pm - Jazz Now

Recorded at the Pizza Express Jazz Club in Soho, Soweto Kinch presents Slowly Rolling Camera in concert. Making a name for itself for long, evolving soundscapes containing dramatic contrasts, the band is led by keyboard player Dave Stapleton. The other members are Nicolas Kunnert, reeds; Stuart McCallum, guitar; Aidan Thorne, bass; and Eliot Bennett, drums, with sound producer Deri Roberts.

This looks to be a move away from the neo-bop Mr Stapleton was working last time I heard.
  • Ian Thumwood
    • Dec 2010

Dave Stapleteon used crop up as a regular contributor on the old All about Jazz messageboard and I didn't twig for a long while that he produced music under his own name. It was quite interesting running through the names of musicians who contributed and reading their opinions although I think guitarist Vic Juris and an arranger called Kelly provided the most useful insights.

Comment

Working...
    X