X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alyn_Shipton
    • Nov 2010

Jazz Library Podcasts

As of today, well over 100 back episodes are now easily available from links on the programme's home page
    Advice and guidance to those interested in building a library of jazz recordings
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

What's the latest ruling on music extracts, Alyn? If the podcast is 45 minutes long, does that mean there was a lot of talk, and if it's 23 minutes long there was a lot of music which has mostly been edited out?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Alyn_Shipton
      • Nov 2010

The BBC agreement with the collecting societies is that podcasts can use 1 minute of "clean" - ie without speech over it- music from each cd covered.
      (It's 2 mins for classical music), So basically your assumption is right, though for performers from the 78 era there were more bits of music to start
      with owing to shorter disc durations.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Thanks, Alyn. I hadn't realised classical extracts could be twice as long. I suppose one minute of a Mahler symphony wouldn't be much use. Unlike like two minutes!
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          Thanks, Alyn. I hadn't realised classical extracts could be twice as long. I suppose one minute of a Mahler symphony wouldn't be much use. Unlike like two minutes!
          Should be possible; I have David Bedford's "Wagner's Ring in One Minute" - performed by David Bedford.

Comment

Working...
          X