Rhythm and Reaction: the Age of Jazz in Britain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Rhythm and Reaction: the Age of Jazz in Britain.

This exhibition is on until April 22nd, for anybody thinking of coming up to "the Smoke" during the next couple of months, open Mons, Thurs, Fris and Sats 10 am-4.30 pm and Sundays 11 am-4.30 pm, and takes place at Two Temple Place, on the Embankment, a few minutes' walk from Temple Underground on the District and Circle lines. I shall definitely be going along.

Two Temple Place is one of London’s hidden architectural gems. Completed in 1895, this stunning neo-Gothic mansion was built for William Waldorf Astor as his London Estate Office. It hosts exhibitions and is available for exclusive hire. The building is owned by the charity The Bulldog Trust.

Other activities taking place in association with this are linked to.
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    This exhibition is on until April 22nd, for anybody thinking of coming up to "the Smoke" during the next couple of months, open Mons, Thurs, Fris and Sats 10 am-4.30 pm and Sundays 11 am-4.30 pm, and takes place at Two Temple Place, on the Embankment, a few minutes' walk from Temple Underground on the District and Circle lines. I shall definitely be going along.

Two Temple Place is one of London’s hidden architectural gems. Completed in 1895, this stunning neo-Gothic mansion was built for William Waldorf Astor as his London Estate Office. It hosts exhibitions and is available for exclusive hire. The building is owned by the charity The Bulldog Trust.

Other activities taking place in association with this are linked to.
    Thanks for this , S_A. Looks excellent .
    I should have some good opportunities to visit while it is on, so certainly intend to get along there.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      Thanks for this , S_A. Looks excellent .
      I should have some good opportunities to visit while it is on, so certainly intend to get along there.
      PM me if you like, team, and we'll liaise.

Comment

• Alyn_Shipton
        • Nov 2010

See if you can spot the artefacts I have lent them....most anonymous, but one is a give-away

Comment

• Ian Thumwood
          • Dec 2010

This exhibition was reviewed in the Sunday Telegraph a few weeks back. The article was interesting because I mistakenly thought that it was a tie in with the excellent radio 4 documentary with Clarke Peters that was on Radio 4 and traced the history of recordings by Black musicians in Europe prior to 1930. It does look quite fascinating and I must admit that the Peter's documentary did have me scrambling on the internet to find out about the ship that sank in the Irish Sea and the Ciro Club which, unbeknown to me, also crops up in an Irene Nemirovsky novel - not that I have read any of her books!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Alyn_Shipton View Post
            See if you can spot the artefacts I have lent them....most anonymous, but one is a give-away
            Is Marcel Duchamp's urinal in among the exhibits then, Alyn?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Ian Thumwood View Post
              This exhibition was reviewed in the Sunday Telegraph a few weeks back. The article was interesting because I mistakenly thought that it was a tie in with the excellent radio 4 documentary with Clarke Peters that was on Radio 4 and traced the history of recordings by Black musicians in Europe prior to 1930. It does look quite fascinating and I must admit that the Peter's documentary did have me scrambling on the internet to find out about the ship that sank in the Irish Sea and the Ciro Club which, unbeknown to me, also crops up in an Irene Nemirovsky novel - not that I have read any of her books!
              Ah well, I wouldn't have known that, see?

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                Ah well, I wouldn't have known that, see?

I'll be in touch, BTW. sorting my diary......
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

I'll be in touch, BTW. sorting my diary......

Comment

Working...
                  X