X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Grumpy
    • Jan 2011

BBC Music Jazz

Just listening to Chris Potter on JLU from a couple of weeks back. M. Le Gendre mentioned the BBC Music jazz portal - by which I presume he means this.

Anyone tried it out?

OG
  • Ian Thumwood
    • Dec 2010

Wondered if you had listened to this documentary about things called "jazz" but which are not actually jazz ? Nothing to do with JLU though. It's quite interesting:-

An apple, a car, even a super yacht... Why are so many things called Jazz?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Ian Thumwood View Post
      Wondered if you had listened to this documentary about things called "jazz" but which are not actually jazz ? Nothing to do with JLU though. It's quite interesting:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07q7lzc
      One of the items on there is Fern Britton interviewing Gregory Porter on BBC1 this past Sunday morning at 11. Anyone see this? Fern Britton's oily smile and general schmoozing up really gets on my tits, and I don't get the religious bit at all, but Porter comes across as totally non-bullshit, and besides being good at what he does, were anyone to persuade me as to Christanity, it would probably be him.

Comment

• Stanfordian
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        One of the items on there is Fern Britton interviewing Gregory Porter on BBC1 this past Sunday morning at 11. Anyone see this? Fern Britton's oily smile and general schmoozing up really gets on my tits, and I don't get the religious bit at all, but Porter comes across as totally non-bullshit, and besides being good at what he does, were anyone to persuade me as to Christanity, it would probably be him.
        Fern Britton! Now that's an idea for a new presenter for R3. I wonder if the controller has noticed?

Comment

Working...
        X