• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

RIP Ray Bryant

one of those artists who are needful to the art ....

obituary

a blues player of drive and intelligence, funky too
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • BLUESNIK'S REVOX
    • Dec 2010

Alyn's Jazz Library on Ray was rather good...built around an interview with Mr B...

Despite what I (grumplike) said recently about programmes hung around interviews.

Hangs head in shame and jumps shouting from 15th floor.

BN.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
      • Dec 2010

R3 27.02.10 Pianist Ray Bryant is one of the most versatile musicians in jazz. He joins Alyn Shipton to look at the recorded highlights of a career that covers work with Max Roach, Art Blakey, Dizzy Gillespie and Coleman Hawkins among others, as well as his own solo and trio projects.

...(a)podcast version of the original programme with music lengths adjusted for archive rights. Listen to the programme from this page or follow the links to download and keep the programme as a podcast. Added 6 Apr 2011

BN.

Comment

• gurnemanz
        • Nov 2010

I have only just noticed his passing since the Indie's obit didn't appear till today. I have only three quite diverse tracks on CD: Cubano Chant with Blakey leading some steamy percussion, Don't Be That Way with Toots on harmonica and his Top 40 hit, The Madison.

Comment

Working...
        X