• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Overcome with Emulsion

I noticed that a couple of Jazz Board Forumistas missed my Thread on Basil Kerchin last week, so I hope that no one will be upset at my copying this from the Hear & Now board for wider interest:

H&N on Saturday, 11th March, 2017, is devoted to works performed at Emulsion V, a celebration of new Improvisatory Music, founded, instigated and curated by composer/saxophonist Trish Clowes (b1984). The works in the broadcast were recorded at the Festival on 27th January, and the Festival itself was presented by Fiona Talkington - and selections from the whole Festival have already been broadcast on Late Junction and Jazz Now, but for H&N, Clowes is in discussion with Sara Mohr-Pietsche.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08hmqbv

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    I noticed that a couple of Jazz Board Forumistas missed my Thread on Basil Kerchin last week, so I hope that no one will be upset at my copying this from the Hear & Now board for wider interest:

H&N on Saturday, 11th March, 2017, is devoted to works performed at Emulsion V, a celebration of new Improvisatory Music, founded, instigated and curated by composer/saxophonist Trish Clowes (b1984). The works in the broadcast were recorded at the Festival on 27th January, and the Festival itself was presented by Fiona Talkington - and selections from the whole Festival have already been broadcast on Late Junction and Jazz Now, but for H&N, Clowes is in discussion with Sara Mohr-Pietsche.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08hmqbv

Thanks v much ferney! Some of us have been keeping tabs on Ms Clowes since she was curatively collecting fivers on the door at New Cross's famous Amersham Arms public house back in 2011, part of the then-SE London Jazz Collective of which she was a quietly-spoken nevertheless prominent member, gifted with encouraging compatible musicians to come together, as seems to be her role here, and following her through the New Millennium award with all the pressures I have to say are probably attendant on wearing it around ones neck, howevermuch deserving the recipient, which Trish certainly was.

Here she was back then at the Amersham, already demonstrating the originality and the promise that we foresaw. I think I was there in the gloom - somewhere at the back, squeezed in on one of their leather couches!

TRISH CLOWES' TANGENT - September 13th, 2011Trish Clowes - SaxChris Montague - GuitarCalum Gourlay - BassJames Maddren - DrumsHeidi Parsons - Cellohttp://www...

Comment

• Tenor Freak
      • Dec 2010

I second that Emulsion.
      all words are trains for moving past what really has no name

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Tenor Freak View Post
        I second that Emulsion.
        Sounds better than watching it dry!(in absence of an emulsicon)

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Sounds better than watching it dry!(in absence of an emulsicon)
          Well, not to put too much of a gloss on the subject, at least we're all primed, now!

Comment

Working...
          X