X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseph K
    Banned
    • Oct 2017

Disk 2 of the second volume of the Miles Davis Bootleg series, Live in Europe 1969.

Comment

• Jazzrook
      • Mar 2011

Gato Barbieri with J.-F. Jenny-Clark & Aldo Romano playing 'Obsession Pt. 2':

A great record from a great saxophone player. Harsh, lean and mean.Gato Barbieri (ts)Jean-François Jenny-Clark (b)Aldo Romano (d)Milan, May /June 1967Affinit...

JR

Comment

• Jazzrook
        • Mar 2011

Sun Ra(piano) with Hayes Burnett(bass) & Samurai Celestial(drums) playing 'Magic City Blue' in 1979:

Provided to YouTube by Virtual Label LLCMagic City Blue · Sun RaGod Is More Than Love Can Ever Beâ„— Cosmic Myth RecordsReleased on: 2018-03-23Composer: Sun Ra...

JR

Comment

• Joseph K
          Banned
          • Oct 2017

Bitches Brew, disk one.

I resolved to only listen to this fortnightly, when I change my bedsheets. Today is that day. Such ineffably wonderful music, nothing else like it...

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
            Bitches Brew, disk one.

I resolved to only listen to this fortnightly, when I change my bedsheets. Today is that day. Such ineffably wonderful music, nothing else like it...
            Readers are recommended not to try this at home!

Comment

• Joseph K
              Banned
              • Oct 2017

Sentient Beings by Paul Dunmall, Tony Bianco, Faith Brackenbury and John Pope, recorded last year:

Comment

• Joseph K
                Banned
                • Oct 2017

John McLaughlin & The Fourth Dimension - Live At Ronnie Scott's

Comment

• Joseph K
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2017

Eddie Harris - Freedom Jazz Dance

Provided to YouTube by Rhino AtlanticFreedom Jazz Dance · Eddie HarrisThe In Soundâ„— 1993 Atlantic Recording CorporationDrums: Billy HigginsPiano: Cedar Walto...

Comment

• Jazzrook
                    • Mar 2011

Thelonious Monk playing 'Functional' in 1957:

Thelonious Himself (1957)Personnel:Thelonious Monk (Piano)John Coltrane (Tenor Saxophone)Wilbur Ware (Bass)--Orrin Keepnews (Producer)

JR

Comment

• JasonPalmer
                      • Dec 2022

Have recently been enjoying my "best of louis armstrong" cd, need to listen to j to z and jazz record requests sometime.
                      Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

• Joseph K
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2017

Coltrane's Sound

Comment

• Padraig
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by JasonPalmer View Post
                          Have recently been enjoying my "best of louis armstrong" cd, need to listen to j to z and jazz record requests sometime.
                          Louis Still Lives, for some, Jason

Here's another 20s sound -

Cornetist Bix Beiderbecke and C melody saxophonist Frankie Trumbauer were two of the most celebrated white soloists in the 1920s, featured with the Jean Gold...

Comment

• Jazzrook
                            • Mar 2011

Andrew Hill with John Gilmore, Bobby Hutcherson, Richard Davis & Joe Chambers playing 'Le Serpent Qui Danse' in 1964 from the Blue Note album 'Andrew!!!':

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupLe Serpent Qui Danse (Remastered) · Andrew HillAndrew!!!â„— 1994 Blue Note RecordsReleased on: 2005-01-01Producer: ...

JR

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
                              Andrew Hill with John Gilmore, Bobby Hutcherson, Richard Davis & Joe Chambers playing 'Le Serpent Qui Danse' in 1964 from the Blue Note album 'Andrew!!!':

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupLe Serpent Qui Danse (Remastered) · Andrew HillAndrew!!!â„— 1994 Blue Note RecordsReleased on: 2005-01-01Producer: ...

JR

Someone was saying, on a programme I taped back in the mists of time, what a pity it was that John Gilmore did not perform or record more in collaborations outside the Ra Archestra; this and the one (?) recording he made with the Jazz Messengers might seem to substantiate that view. I wonder what others here think - the same commentator did make the point that Gilmore saw himself above all as belonging within the Ra milieu.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
                                • Dec 2010

He was on Elmo Hope's "Sounds from Riker's Island", a kind of homage to musicians dealing with addiction. Full of fire as per "Night in Tunisia" here...http://youtu.be/XQL6SLhW9fc

He was (excellently) on The Artistry of Freddie Hubbard (Impulse) a great record with a Messengers feel. He's also on Andrew Hill's Compulsion (Bluenote), Hill's percussion album. The album he made with Paul Bley, Turning Point, never really did it for me.

I think he said somewhere that Sun Ra was a prison that you only escaped from sometimes... probably tongue in cheek!

Andrew Hill's "Compulsion"...with Gilmore and Freddie Hubbard..http://youtu.be/4xCobq5eNUQ
                                Last edited by BLUESNIK'S REVOX; 21-04-23, 09:49.

Comment

Working...
                                X