Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jazzrook
    • Mar 2011

Roosevelt Wardell Trio with Sam Jones & Louis Hayes playing the title track from the 1960 Riverside album 'The Revelation':

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

JR

Comment

• Joseph K
      Banned
      • Oct 2017

This is awesome -

Soul Proprietor - YouTube

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Paul Dunmall associate American drummer Tony Bianco with violinist Faith Heleene Brackenbury on youtube just posted on the British Progressive Jazz site. Ms Brackenbury is a new name to me - I've just messaged Tony to find out who the bassist is here. Funnily enough a Lord Brackenbury was in charge at the Tower of London when the two princes were infamously done in by smothering; my mother, strangely, was very proud of the fact he was somewhere way back in our family tree, but I've been unable to establish the veracity of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bypz76noVWQ

Edit: Tony says it's him - so this must have been overdubbed.
        Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 11-10-23, 23:28. Reason: Additional inflamation!

Comment

• Old Grumpy
          • Jan 2011

Alan Barnes + Eleven

Great stuff!

Comment

• Joseph K
            Banned
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            Paul Dunmall associate American drummer Tony Bianco with violinist Faith Heleene Brackenbury on youtube just posted on the British Progressive Jazz site. Ms Brackenbury is a new name to me - I've just messaged Tony to find out who the bassist is here. Funnily enough a Lord Brackenbury was in charge at the Tower of London when the two princes were infamously done in by smothering; my mother, strangely, was very proud of the fact he was somewhere way back in our family tree, but I've been unable to establish the veracity of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bypz76noVWQ
            I saw Tony and Faith (they are a couple I believe) at the end of last year I think it was, along with Paul Dunmall and Oli Brice, if I remember correctly. I'd seen that they'd posted this but can't listen now because I'm listening to the incredible new Dunmall album Soultime Again again.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
              • Dec 2010

Listening to Steve Lacy, the first four albums, a.very good and cheap compilation on Avid. I had all these at one time, but...(life)

Here's Alone Together from "Soprano Sax", 1957, SL's debut album with Wynton Kelly.

BLW I see that Ian T late from this patch has given this set a big thumbs up (appropriately) on Amazon.

Comment

• Tenor Freak
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                This is awesome -

Soul Proprietor - YouTube

Not heard of Ralph Bowen since the 1980s and the Blue Note "house band" Out of the Blue. Always good to see someone sticking to the music for the long haul. Great track, too.
                all words are trains for moving past what really has no name

Comment

• Joseph K
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2017

The tenth and final CD of the Charlie Parker Now's The Time boxed set, which consists entirely of Charlie Parker With Strings recordings.

Comment

• Joseph K
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Tenor Freak View Post

Not heard of Ralph Bowen since the 1980s and the Blue Note "house band" Out of the Blue. Always good to see someone sticking to the music for the long haul. Great track, too.

Now: Miles Davis - ESP

Comment

• Joseph K
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2017

I'm listening to the incredible new Dunmall album Soultime Again again.
                      ...and again. Listening now, it's clear that some of the formal aspects of these pieces is another facet of their intriguing success - there is that dissolving of the soloist-accompanist kind of texture, which is there in parts but for some sections isn't, and many of these tunes are multi-sectioned. The influences are diverse enough for the record to escape easy categorisation. And trumpeter Percy Pursglove is exceptional. And the performances are really inspired.

Comment

• Tenor Freak
                        • Dec 2010

Now got the round tuit and reconnected the CD player to the good ol' NAD. Just finished playing Azimuth's "The Tunnel" and now onto Miles and Gil's "Quiet Nights". Not at the volume I'm playing it at.
                        all words are trains for moving past what really has no name

Comment

• Jazzrook
                          • Mar 2011

Thelonious Monk with Sonny Rollins, Julius Watkins, Percy Heath & Willie Jones playing 'Friday the 13th' recorded on November 13, 1953:

Subscribe to the Craft Recordings newsletter to stay in the loop on our latest reissues: https://found.ee/craft-newsletter-signup-jCollected from three separ...

JR

Comment

• Joseph K
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
                            Thelonious Monk with Sonny Rollins, Julius Watkins, Percy Heath & Willie Jones playing 'Friday the 13th' recorded on November 13, 1953:

Subscribe to the Craft Recordings newsletter to stay in the loop on our latest reissues: https://found.ee/craft-newsletter-signup-jCollected from three separ...

JR

I posted this tune on my facebook page this morning as it happens.

Today I'm embarking on another listening project of a boxed set of jazz, this time The Complete Albums Collection 1954-57 by Thelonious Monk, which starts with Genius Of Modern Music Vol. 1.

Comment

• Joseph K
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2017

Today I'm embarking on another listening project of a boxed set of jazz, this time The Complete Albums Collection 1954-57 by Thelonious Monk, which starts with Genius Of Modern Music Vol. 1.
                              ​Yesterday I listened to Genius of Modern Music vol. 2, and right now, on disk two of the boxed set, Thelonious Monk Trio.

Comment

• JasonPalmer
                                • Dec 2022

Hope to catch jazz record requests on radio 3 later today.
                                Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

Working...
                                X