Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elmo
    • Nov 2010

Walter Bishop jr trio playing 'Spring is here/Up jumped spring - Up Jumped Spring' is a fine Freddie Hubbard tune and 'Bish' really does it proud

elmo

Comment

• Joseph K
      Banned
      • Oct 2017

relevance - Dave Liebman, Evan Parker and Tony Bianco

▶︎ relevance | Tony Bianco (bandcamp.com)

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
        relevance - Dave Liebman, Evan Parker and Tony Bianco

▶︎ relevance | Tony Bianco (bandcamp.com)
        Gosh - somehow I missed that Vortex gig; what a shame!

Comment

• Jazzrook
          • Mar 2011

Cecil Taylor Quartet with Steve Lacy, Buell Neidlinger & Dennis Charles playing 'Johnny Come Lately' at Newport J.F., 1957:

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupJohnny Come Lately (Live) · Cecil Taylor QuartetAt Newport℗ A Verve Label Group Release; ℗ 1957 UMG Recordings, I...

JR

Comment

• Joseph K
            Banned
            • Oct 2017

Miles Davis All Stars - Walkin'

Comment

• Joseph K
              Banned
              • Oct 2017

Miles Davis - Bags' Groove

Comment

• Joseph K
                Banned
                • Oct 2017

Miles Davis - And The Modern Jazz Giants

Comment

• Jazzrook
                  • Mar 2011

Roy Haynes with Booker Ervin. Ronnie Mathews & Larry Ridley playing :Under Paris Skies' recorded in 1963 from the album 'Cracklin'':

Roy Haynes - d ロイ・ヘインズBooker Ervin - ts ブッカー・アーヴィンRonnie Mathews - p ロニーマシューズLarry Ridley - b ラリー・リドリーRecorded 4/6/1963Composed by Hubert Giraud

JR

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Just putting this on hold while J to Z unfurls

Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker, Dick Heckstall-Smith Trio Rehearsal Recordings, London, 1962 Very good audio, a bit of hiss. Here is probably the rarest Jack Bruce .

I came across these tracks some time ago & thought I'd re-check them out to see if they were as good as seemed at the time. They are! - a small slice of what was emerging on the fringes here in the early 60s, unbeknownst to most. There is little of comparable originality around today, anywhere, unless one takes ones bids into freer arenas. The playing by all three is a revelation to my ears, inviting me right into their idiosyncratic space; Jack Bruce would have been 18 or 19 at the time. In some ways it was a shame all three then went on to star in the emerging Brit Blues scene to entertain the speed-fixers and then onto Progrock of too often not the finest qualities and tastes. On the other hand it was inevitable for all sorts of complex reasons, and would, by numerous byways and personalities, exert significant influence on 70s Fusion.

Comment

• JasonPalmer
                      • Dec 2022

This subject coming up in whats new encouraged me to check the schedule to discover j to z on radio 3 and turn on my radio. Ahhh yesss, jazzzz
                      Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

• Joseph K
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2017

Miles Davis - The Musings Of Miles

Comment

• Gargoyle
                          • Dec 2022

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
                            • Dec 2010

Shelly Manne - Jazz Gunn , Atlantic 1968, Quin with Frank Strozier and Conti Condoli..

A very fine group and interesting for the influence of the Miles second quintet on this album's interpretation of Mancini's themes.

Comment

• Joseph K
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2017

This afternoon I've been cleaning and tidying my room, during which time I've listened to the first disk of Bitches Brew and part of the first disk of Blues For Tony by Holdsworth, Pasqua, Haslip and Wackerman, which is currently still spinning. It's a greatly underrated album which is utterly superb IMO - the last great thing Holdsworth did, I think, and like a parallel to McLaughlin & Chick's Five Peace Band album... Now: time to change my guitar strings, though I don't like to listen to music while doing that...

Comment

• Jazzrook
                                • Mar 2011

Ornette Coleman with Don Cherry, Red Mitchell & Shelly Manne playing 'Lorraine' dedicated to pianist Lorraine Geller from the 1959 album 'Tomorrow Is The Question':

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupLorraine (Instrumental) · Ornette ColemanTomorrow Is The Question!℗ 1959 Contemporary Records, Inc.Released on: 1...

JR

Comment

Working...
                                X