• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseph K
    Banned
    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
    Hiya Joseph K,

I only play jazz music I enjoy - I love both of these albums.

Comment

• Joseph K
      Banned
      • Oct 2017

John Scofield 'Dark Blue' from the album Hand Jive. It's nice -

"Dark Blue", by John Scofield's group in his studio album Hand Jive, from 1994.The group:John Scofield - guitarEddie Harris - tenor saxophoneLarry Goldings -...

… however, it is too much like this -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

… IMO, of course. I prefer the latter too. Sorry.

Comment

• Joseph K
        Banned
        • Oct 2017

Now listening to the album Nefertiti by Miles Davis. It's exceptional.

Comment

• Stanfordian
          • Dec 2010

‘The Tokyo Blues’

Horace Silver with Blue Mitchell, Junior Cook, Gene Taylor & John Harris Jr.
          Blue Note (1962)

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Anything worth trying to catch on the BBC Glasto coverage ?

( Prolly be wall to wall Indie bands on the telly but you never know)
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              Anything worth trying to catch on the BBC Glasto coverage ?

( Prolly be wall to wall Indie bands on the telly but you never know)
              Strange to think of Kylie as a ‘legend’ - a bit young for that tag methinks!

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Strange to think of Kylie as a ‘legend’ - a bit young for that tag methinks!
                She's 51.

The Stones ( for example) best albums were decades behind them at that age.

Currently watching Stormzy. His set seems a bit of a curates egg to me .

Much better than George Ezra though. Oh dear god.........
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  She's 51.

The Stones ( for example) best albums were decades behind them at that age.

Currently watching Stormzy. His set seems a bit of a curates egg to me .

Much better than George Ezra though. Oh dear god.........
                  True what you say of the Stones’ albums were when Brian Jones was still alive, before Kylie was born. Their last decent single was ‘Start me up’ 40 years or so ago. You don’t like Mr Ezra then?

Comment

• Jazzrook
                    • Mar 2011

Elmo Hope with John Gilmore(tenor sax); Freddie Douglas(soprano sax); Lawrence Jackson(trumpet); Ronnie Boykins(bass) & Philly Joe Jones(drums) playing 'A Night In Tunisia' from the 1963 album 'Sounds From Rikers Island':

Album: Sounds from Rikers Island - 1963Elmo Hope - pianoLawrence Jackson - trumpetFreddie Douglas - soprano saxophoneJohn Gilmore - tenor saxophoneRonnie Boy...

JR

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
                      Elmo Hope with John Gilmore(tenor sax); Freddie Douglas(soprano sax); Lawrence Jackson(trumpet); Ronnie Boykins(bass) & Philly Joe Jones(drums) playing 'A Night In Tunisia' from the 1963 album 'Sounds From Rikers Island':

Album: Sounds from Rikers Island - 1963Elmo Hope - pianoLawrence Jackson - trumpetFreddie Douglas - soprano saxophoneJohn Gilmore - tenor saxophoneRonnie Boy...

JR
                      Now there's an album you wish walls could talk!

BN.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        True what you say of the Stones’ albums were when Brian Jones was still alive, before Kylie was born. Their last decent single was ‘Start me up’ 40 years or so ago. You don’t like Mr Ezra then?
                        Well, the thing is, if you wanted a nice pleasant family evening out with music that anybody could tap their feet along to, he'd do quite well.

But otherwise,I've got better things to be doing really.

As I'm sure you have !! Did you see Stormzy ?

Comment

• Stunsworth
                          • Nov 2010

Baby Face Willette: Face to Face

Before that Clubhouse by Dexter Gordon. These are the latest in the excellent Blue Note Tone Poet LP reissue series and are stunning in every way.
                          Steve

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
                            • Dec 2010

Little Walter - "Blue and Lonesome" First take, Chess Records, 1959.

Glorious, with guitar by Luther Tucker & Robert Lockwood. The reverb is the making. Don't miss the studio intro/ spoken track call...every word is true.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

This is the young trumpeter Freddie Gravita, featured at our local gig just under a year ago - now sadly no more - (the gig, that is) - following change of pub management. Not just a mainstreamer, and I think he's all right:

I'll Be Seeing You, by Freddie Gavitawww.FreddieGavita.comTom Cawley - pianoDave Whitford - bassShaney Forbes - drumsLive at the Golden Lion in Sydenham, 18/...

I was just off-camera, to the right, politically non-speaking.

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

Bit off-topic, but how is it that Alyn Shipton is for me THE ideal R3 presenter?
                                Less is more, understated, quiet, no me-me-me, seriously knows his stuff BUT reveals that vast knowledge in polite, undemonstrative terms.
                                Just says what needs to be said, and that's that

A R3 jewel.

Comment

Working...
                                X