• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

John Marshall dies, aged 82

News just announced on Facebook: tribute below on Avantmusic news site:

Source: Wikipedia Sad news about the Soft Machine drummer. John Stanley Marshall [was] an English retired drummer and founding member of the jazz rock band Nucleus. From 1972 to 1978, he was the dr…

Many more will undoubtedly follow - John was one of the pioneers of drumming in Jazzrock Fusion worldwide, arguably Britain's equivalent to Billy Cobham.

R.I.P. John.
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Very nice tribute to John here from Theo Travis, fellow band member in the last edition of Soft Machine. I can certainly vouch where Theo mention's John's "big hearty laugh", having encountered this when I mentioned something Pete Brown said about how on stage with Cream Ginger Baker would try his best to trip Jack Bruce up.

“John Marshall was one of the greats. He was one of Britain’s finest ever modern drummers – brilliant and unique. He was an inspiring musician and human being. He was my friend and I will mis…

Comment

• Alyn_Shipton
      • Nov 2010

Tribute to John Marshall on JRR on 8 October. Some great choices from listeners!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Alyn_Shipton View Post
        Tribute to John Marshall on JRR on 8 October. Some great choices from listeners!

Comment

Working...
        X