X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jazzrook
    • Mar 2011

Harris Eisenstadt

The Toronto-born drummer/composer Harris Eisenstadt is a new name to me but I'm glad I took a chance on his 2004 album 'The Soul and Gone'(482 MUSIC).
    The music is inventive and gripping from first to last and with players such as Jeb Bishop, Jason Adasiewicz, Jason Mears & Jason Roebke(that's enough Jasons!) I'd imagine IT would enjoy this if he doesn't already have a copy.

• Ian Thumwood
    • Dec 2010

Jazzrook

I've never heard of this drummer before but that is a killing line up. Anything with jeb Bishop or Jason Adasiewicz is worth grabbing and this band features a whose-who of the current Chicago scene. I quite like Jeff Parker who feartures on guitar on this record too. It must have been an early outing for Messrs Roebke and Berman.

Thanks for the heads up - once again!!

Another favourite of mine crops up playing flute with another HE group:-

Comment

• Jazzrook
      • Mar 2011

Thanks for that, Ian.
      I enjoyed Nicole Mitchell's 'Awakening' which I bought on your recommendation. One of my favourite jazz flute albums which deserves to be much better known.

Comment

• Ian Thumwood
        • Dec 2010

Jazzrook

"Awakening" is a brilliant album but Nicole Mitchell followed if up with a quartet with Adasiewizc on vibes called "Aquarius" which is the "cool" counterpart to the previous album.

I was given the" Starlicker" album by Rob Mazurek for birthday and that is a really unusually album. The trio features the leader on cornet, JA on vibes and a drummer. The line up suggests something introspective but the music is pretty robust and aggressive

Comment

Working...
        X