X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Grumpy
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Ian Thumwood View Post

Got to turn the Norwegian tuba stuff off - can't bear it.
    Tabla 1 : Tuba 0

Comment

• Beef Oven!
      Ex-member
      • Sep 2013

1. He has a very dodgy moustache.

2. It looks like he was wearing someone else's dentures.

3. A propensity to wear "wife-beater" t-shirts such as the one sported by Mr Woods above.

Surely this is not a look that you would favour? That album cover must be the worst fashion disaster in the history of jazz.

Got to turn the Norwegian tuba stuff off - can't bear it.
      Freddy was one of the greatest artists ever. Nothing dodgy about his moustache and if his teeth are unglamorous, it's not a fault.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

It isn't that it hasn't worked, more that it hasn't been tried.
        Then why don't some of you chaps start a channel? It's much easier, these days.

Comment

• Ian Thumwood
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
          Freddy was one of the greatest artists ever. Nothing dodgy about his moustache and if his teeth are unglamorous, it's not a fault.
          Beef

Just the commenrt I'd expect from a Man Utd supporter from Essex!!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

Beef

Essex!!! How very dare you..........

Comment

• Old Grumpy
              • Jan 2011

Beef

FM was certainly a great artist, one of the greatest, perhaps not. As a I am not a supporter of any association (or other) football team and one who believes Essex has some redeeming features (there was a great programme by Jonathan Meades on this, discussed on these very boards) I couldn't possibly comment on this nasturtium!

OG
              Last edited by Old Grumpy; 28-02-15, 23:30.

Comment

• Ian Thumwood
                • Dec 2010

Essex has some redeeming features. It is about 120 miles away from Hampshire and you can buy various fruit jams from Tiptree. I also believe Coggeshall is quite picturesque and that John Constable hailed from that part of the world. Still find the language barrier a bit of an obstacle, I'm afraid.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Essex has some redeeming features. It is about 120 miles away from Hampshire and you can buy various fruit jams from Tiptree. I also believe Coggeshall is quite picturesque and that John Constable hailed from that part of the world. Still find the language barrier a bit of an obstacle, I'm afraid.
                  Oh I dunno - the lady with the dog's home who advertises Vistaprint is quite easy to understand.

Comment

• Tom Audustus

Yep. Once you get north of Chelmsford the county is very nice. I'm sure some people would prefer to call north Essex, South Suffolk

And there are some nice Jazz venues too !!!

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

well you just have to choose which estuary Ian

well said Tom A! there are excellent jazz spots in that neck of the woods ...

and incidentally it was a pleasant experience to drop off to those wonderfully familiar masterworks by Charlie Parker last night ...
                      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                        Ex-member
                        • Sep 2013

Great for people who come from or live in Essex, but completely irrelevant to me.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

aside from these regional accentuations ...

teh Branford Marsalis Quartet were magisterial mysterious and magical on Jon3 last night .. a treasure of a broadcast for which much thanks and appreciation to the Jon3 team ... as one who physically could not get to Lunnun, even if one could get a ticket, and neither of which is an affordable option, this essential stellar ensemble is unmissable, but unavailable without the Jon3 programme

review of concert in London Jazz News
                          Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 03-03-15, 15:32.
                          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                            aside from these regional accentuations ...

teh Branford Marsalis Quartet were magisterial mysterious and magical on Jon3 last night .. a treasure of a broadcast for which much thanks and appreciation to the Jon3 team ... as one who physically could not get to Lunnun, even if one could get a ticket, and neither of which is an affordable option, this essential stellar ensemble is unmissable, but unavailable without the Jon3 programme

review of concert in London Jazz News
                            I'm afraid the first sentance of that review pretty much sums up where Branford Marsalis is currently at, for me. Nice pic of Kate Williams, whom I like very much, down the LHS, though.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

well yer don't like Stan niver innit

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                                well yer don't like Stan niver innit

Comment

Working...
                                X