• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alyn_Shipton
    • Nov 2010

JRR PLaylist for 7 Feb

• burning dog
    • Dec 2010

That's a great selection. Well done listeners (and Alyn).

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by burning dog View Post
      That's a great selection. Well done listeners (and Alyn).
      I should say! And thanks Alyn.

Comment

• Ian Thumwood
        • Dec 2010

Glad to see a lot of Hampton Hawes being requested of late. I've been playing his "Green leaves of summer" a lot recently and the amount of energy and swing in this record is incredible. This has to be one of the finest piano trio albums ever. Good to see another pianist, Clyde Hart, in the play list. I believe he also died from TB like Charlie Christian as well as being a proto-bopper like the guitarist , helping push the music forward. When I was discovering jazz, Hart seemed to crop up on loads of significant sessions with the likes of Coleman Hawkins, Benny Carter and Charlie Parker yet he seems a shadowy figure in my imagination which enhances the interest - rather like Freddie Redd who crops up later in the programme.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

many thanks Alyn

the Music Forever track called to mind seeing The Connection in London .... lordy it was drear but the jazz was wonderful ...
          Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 09-02-15, 13:10.
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
          X