X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jazzrook
    • Mar 2011

Chick Corea & Bela Fleck

All those who have a strong aversion to the banjo in jazz(Hello, Bluesnik) might be pleasantly surprised by Bela Fleck's playing on 'Mountain' from a remarkable duet album with Chick Corea, 'The Enchantment':

it's one of my favourite albums everybody should have access to this wonderfull music. If you've got the money buy the whole album and support the musicians....
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
    All those who have a strong aversion to the banjo in jazz(Hello, Bluesnik) might be pleasantly surprised by Bela Fleck's playing on 'Mountain' from a remarkable duet album with Chick Corea, 'The Enchantment':

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD4llcy3icw
    JR

If she continues along this path she could end up making a corea for herself.

(OK I'll get my CV)

Comment

• Ian Thumwood
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      JR

If she continues along this path she could end up making a corea for herself.
      I think you find Bela Fleck has being playing his unique brand of jazz banjo for about 25 years already. The Flecktones arrived on the scene about the same time as Medeski, Martin & Woods. There is a cracking concert available on DVD where the band plays the most incongruous looking instruments going including a jazz bassoonist. it's great fun and I think Fleck is extremely talented. Not heard the Chick Corea album. This tune has got to be the ultimate Earworm....

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

neither surprising nor pleasant Ian as it says in their name banjos is banned innit [+accordions]
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
        X