X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonny's Back
    • Sep 2024

One for Alyn (JL)

A belated comment on Alyn's prog on Norma Winstone two weeks ago. Superb as ever, but I really felt (as with so many of these JLs) it could have done with being a two hour programme (I realise that's just a fantasy on my part, and would over-extend the alloted 6 or so hours max of jazz on R3 by an hour). Ideally I would have liked to have heard at least another track from her "Edge of Time" album and certainly some from her contributions to Mike Westbrook's music (Metropolis and Love Songs). Also she contributed to the great "Will Power" Shakespeare celebratory recording too. But I appreciate you can only do so much in the time allowed.
    Last edited by Guest; 25-11-10, 17:01.
  • Alyn_Shipton
    • Nov 2010

Norma

Thanks for the post - I'll be looking here to catch up with any suggestions for JL, but please do email the programme direct - that can still be done via the BBC site.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Alyn,
      I intend no offence and imply nothing personal, but the bbc r3 site can do without me in future, the closure of the boards is utter vandalism.
      I would most earnestly ask you to continue to visit here. Your membership and comments about keeping an eye are most welcome to all of the boredees I am sure.
      Malcolm
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Sonny's Back

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
        Alyn,
        I intend no offence and imply nothing personal, but the bbc r3 site can do without me in future, the closure of the boards is utter vandalism.
        I would most earnestly ask you to continue to visit here. Your membership and comments about keeping an eye are most welcome to all of the boredees I am sure.
        Malcolm
        I wholeheartedly endorse this sentiment. Alyn, your contributions to any forum are invaluable and very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X