X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

how do you stop a jazzman?

Hi there jazzers - just popped over from the World Service. Don't know if you guys watch the box but you might enjoy the McCoy Tyner Band that was on BBC2 on Jools Holland this evening. It's a live show and it was extremely enjoyable to watch Mr Holland struggling to get the maestro to wind up his very fine piece. It's about 20 minutes in, just after the Tallest Man on Earth. Should be available on i-player shortly.
    Featuring Elbow, Beady Eye, Anna Calvi, Raphael Saadiq and Kristian Matsson.
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Miles Davis solved the problem, when he told John Coltrane to take shorter [no pun intended] solos, JC replied that he didn't know how he could stop, the ideas and music were just teeming out; Miles said "take the horn out of your mouth"
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

From the look of fear on Jools' face that they were in danger of crashing into Jeremy Paxman I thought he was heading over to slap the lid down on the MCT's piano - after all, Elbow were waiting - mind you, they seemed to be seeing the funny side of it all.

Comment

• gurnemanz
        • Nov 2010

It doesn't apply to Mr Tyner and his friends who I would have happily listened to for bit longer, but I am reminded of Mr Bennett's comment about his daughter's music making in Pride and Prejudice:

"You have delighted us long enough".

Comment

Working...
        X