• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

swing versus throb

there seems to be a lot of this stuff about
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

bears as much relation swing as does the BBC Big Band/Bellson/Krupa ....

this on the other hand is definitive:

one of the truest delights of jazz is an ensemble that swings - often lifted into that paradise by a great artist but often an ensemble creation as with the Basie Band or the MJQ
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Rcartes
    • Feb 2011

My god, if that's the best of Electro Swing I'd hate to hear the worst!!

The Basie band could never not swing; my vote for the swingest disc ever is the First Herd's Blowin Up a Storm:

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Swing is more the norm with me these days. Throb is almost beyond memory.

Comment

• Ian Thumwood
          • Dec 2010

Curious to learn the record that was sampled in Calum's initial post. It's quite infectious but seems a bit wrong to do something like this with someone else's record. Not heard the original before but it would be interesting to see if someone can post a link to the original source / sources. Seems like if comes from a couple of different tracks.

Comment

Working...
          X