• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

... matching eyebrows

no JLU apparently ....

Geoffrey features Bill Coleman sans pbi ....

... an expatriate trumpeter who kept good company:

Jon3 is in Edinburgh

it is rumoured that the McHaggis Trio with Jamie Stewart on Banjo, William Wallsend on Accordion and Jock X on Pipes will fail to appear ... Big Ron is watching
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Honoured Guest

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    no JLU apparently ....
    Today's JLU is scheduled between the two live Proms (20:45 to 22:15).

Over to you for an impenetrable allusion to its contents.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
      • Dec 2010

JLU... Scofield on the listings? Thought that was last week? Pt2?

Anyway, two hours of Viv Stanshall on 4E at 10.00pm.

His "Radio Flashes'. Not in front of Dame Moira please - who will no doubt be hippin in her furs to Barry Harris. (Sat/Sun nights at the Pizza Express)

BN.
      Last edited by BLUESNIK'S REVOX; 16-08-14, 12:13.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Honoured Guest View Post
        Today's JLU is scheduled between the two live Proms (20:45 to 22:15).

Over to you for an impenetrable allusion to its contents.
        indeed it is ... how fortunate that i used the term apparently .... Uberjam and a preview of the Highgate jazz with Soul Festival another treat beyond the wallet ....

impenetrable? moi! Non!
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BLUESNIK'S REVOX View Post
          JLU... Scofield on the listings? Thought that was last week? Pt2?

Anyway, two hours of Viv Stanshall on 4E at 10.00pm.

His "Radio Flashes'. Not in front of Dame Moira please - who will no doubt be hippin in her furs to Barry Harris. (Sat/Sun nights at the Pizza Express)

BN.
          Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about Episode 3 (the 2nd of those still extant) and there are only 10 hours left in which to catch it from the iPlayer.

Comment

• Quarky
            • Dec 2010

I'm finding JLU more and more interesting. It seems it beat Hear and Now to the punch last night, in that with a crowded schedule, it was H&N that got cancelled.

JLU may be adjusting programme contents, and making friends in other parts of R3?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

the Bill Coleman programme by Geoffrey was a stunning revelation - wow what a melodic and swinging practitioner of the 'mainstream' art .... loved it!

JLU yup but these days uberjam can be a congestion of unlicensed minicabs!

Comment

• Ian Thumwood
                • Dec 2010

Bill Coleman's work in Paris in the 1930's are absolute gems. This is my favourite and would be my contender for one of the most cheerful records made in the history of jazz. I love the baritone sax line although the personnel suggests that this is a tenor. (Doesn't mention the clarinet either - I think the saxophonist must have been doubling.)

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

i suspect that the baritone was being played by Eugene d'Hellemmes a bass player on this sweet nothing

Comment

Working...
                  X