• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

BBC Review of Music Stations & R3 inter alia

... any comments thoughts we might collectively offer the Trust on Jazz across the BBC Radio Stations?
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

That's worth doing. They take a 'Divide and Conquer' attitude: leave it to individuals to give their opinions, none of which are considered very important because all of them are 'just one person's opinion'. Form a BBC Radio Jazz group and put together a coherent <ahem> set of ideas and let them have it ...

There you are - done!
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

just like that
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Quarky
        • Dec 2010

....mmmm

I did complain to BBC just after Tony Hall appointed Bob Shennan as Director of Music across BBC, on account of Jazz Line Up had been moved to Saturday 6 pm, on the basis that RW wanted to be fair to Jazz, but that it was being continually being cancelled to make way for Opera. Further I felt Jazz programmes were intermittently located over the BBC channels, with no coordination or signposts from BBC where we might hear Jazz.

Since then Opera seems to have had something of a collapse, with huge financial problems at ENO and the MET. Now JLU is appearing regularly, and the programme is generally good.

I did request that my complaint be brought to the personal attention of Mr. Hall, so whether my complaint had the desired effect, or whether it was totally ignored, who can tell?

Anyhow Calum I'm sure everyone would be happy if you made a plea on behalf of the Forum Jazz Bored.

If you can't think of anything better to say I would suggest "Oddball thinks there ought to be more jazz- or at least something with a beat. He's fed up with listening to variations on Oedipus Rex".

........Something on the BBC website in the form of a Jazz file or look up table which gives the schedule for Jazz programmes for forthcoming weeks....
        Last edited by Quarky; 08-08-14, 07:44.

Comment

Working...
        X